E.9.

Sana goes to Sid's room, who was strolling to and fro in tension.

Sana: Sid, I am sorry. I didn't introduce you to Nandini hence she mistook you be an intruder.

Sid: If you had to not come, she would have killed me by now.

Sana: Relax, she isn't a serial killer. Besides it's a small kitchen knife, it won't do much harm unless you leave the wound unattended for a long time which could lead to death due to excessive blood loss.

Sid: Woah!! You are speaking like a doctor.

Sana: (smirks) My favourite hobby is to read thriller novels. So it's anticipated to know such facts.

Sid: Hmm... I think, I should say sorry to Nandini.

Sana: For what?

Sid: I.. (grimace) I hugged her from behind...Sorry, I.. I just mistook her to be you.

Sana: That's okay, I will tell her. (Tries to speak with straight face but the blush was evident)

Sana turns to leave but he holds her wrist. She shivers on his sudden hold.

Sid: Sana, I getting bored alone. Besides, I am here as your boyfriend. What is the use of it, if we have to spend our time in two different rooms?

Sana: Hmm.. so what do we do?

Sid: Anything but let's just be together.

Sana: Okay, give me a moment. I will be right back.

She goes to her room and makes few calls to cancel or postpone her prior appointments and commitments for the next whole week. She then goes back to his room.

Sana: Okay, Shall we play chess?

Sid: Huh? Is this what a girlfriend and boyfriend do?

Sana:  Huh? How would I know?

Sid: Weren't you the one who did some research about boyfriend?

Sana: Okay, let's give this game a twist. If you win, you can ask me to do anything and if I win, I can ask you to do anything I wish.

With this great opportunity I can learn more about him and the reason behind him trying to end his life.

Sid: Sounds cool. Let me warn you. I am a pro at playing chess. I used to play chess with my grandfather when I was little and I always won.

Sana: I was a chess champion in college. You see those trophies in the showcase? (He nods) Those are the proof.

Sid: Sounds like this game is going to be intriguingly interesting.

Sana: I don't think so. I am confident that I will win it.

She arranges the pawns on the board. He lifts his eyebrows and looks at her.

Sid: You are being overconfident. Never judge your opponent without knowing their ability.

Sana: I am not speaking anything baseless, I have judged you based on your ability.

Sid: You never played with me, then how do you know my ability?

Sana: I haven't played with you but I know that you give up easily without trying.

Sid: Huh? (Shocked)

She observed the changes in his facial expression. She had successfully started her mission to get him open up about his problems which she intended to heal.

Sana: Aaa.. let's just start the game without wasting time on verbal battle. So white moves first.

Sid: I know the game