E.10.

Sana looks at Nandini who was busy reading a novel.

Sana: Nandu...

Nandini: Hmmm... (Still engrossed in book)

Sana kept silent. Nandini looked up through her reading glasses which was resting down on the tip of her nose. Sana was looking at her wardrobe and then starts strolling to and fro in her room biting her nail.

Nandini: Yen aitu akka? {What happened akka?}

Sana: Huh? Nandu, what do people wear on date night?

Nandini was shocked. She removes her reading glasses and places it in the novel to bookmark and keeps it on the side.

Nandini: Why are you asking? Are you going on a date with him?

Sana: Huh? Hmmm... (Nervously)

Nandini: Are you serious? Akka, how can you go on a date night with stranger. I was worried about your boyfriend idea and you getting him home but at home atleast I am there with you. You can't go out alone with him at night.

Sana: Shut-up! I have an knowledge of identifying a good person and a bad person. I lost a chess game, so he asked me for a date as his prize. He is a good person.

Nandini: Yenu? {What?} A chess champion lost a chess game? Did you lose deliberately or is he a better player?

Sana: Stop this interrogation and help me. What do you wear on you night outs with Vishnu?

Nandini: He is my husband, I can wear anything but please you are going with a stranger so wear something very plain. You are not the great warrior Kittur Rani Channamma. He looks like Bheema from Mahabharata and you look like a little mouse. I am scared for your safety.

Sana: Devre Devre!! {Oh God!} It's useless asking you. Amma Taayi, neenu dayavittu ninna novel odamma. {Oh Great Goddess, please continue reading your novel}

Nandini: (frowns) Ninn karma. {Your wish} Do whatever.

She resumes reading her novel. Sana picks up a black dress and Nandini looks at her from the corner of her eyes.

Nandini: No no no! The neck is too deep.

Sana glares at her.

Nandini: (puppy face) please don't wear that.

Sana nods her head in disbelief as she keeps the dress back inside the wardrobe. She pulls out the blue dress.

Nandini: No! It's short.

Sana: (glares) It's below knee.

Nandini: please no! (Pleads)

Sana exhales deeply and places it back into the wardrobe. A maroon dress falls down from the wardrobe and she picks it up.

Nandini: Akka, perfect. Wear it.

Sana: Ay Daddu, adu nighty.. {Hey idiot, it's a nighty}

Nandini: Oops sorry! I only saw the length and didn't notice that it was a nighty.

Sana: (folds her hand) Keep quiet. I will wear as per my wish now.

Sana pulls out a green dress and before Nandini opens her mouth to comment she glared at her to shut her mouth. She gets ready while Nandini couldn't find peace and kept observing her the whole time helplessly.

Nandini: Akka, he is just your patient only right? Is there anything serious?

Sana was silent and surprised as to why she couldn't answer straight and found it difficult to deny. She was searching for the answer herself hence it was useless trying to answer.