E.8.

Sid and Sana got down from the auto. He looks at the house infront. It was an old house.

Sana: Come! Lets go inside.

She leaves her sandals outside and he does the same. She unlocks the door and goes inside. He follows her.

"Akka, ninna?" {Is it you, Sister?}, a female voice from inside the kitchen.

Sana: Howdu kane. Naane. {Yes. It's me}

Sid realised that he hardly knew anything about her family or her lifestyle. They never spoke about each other's family. He wondered whose voice was it.

"Maley yali nenkondu bandya?" {Did you get drenched in rain?}

Sana: Illa, kodey itu. {No, I had an umbrella} Hmm.. come, I'll show you your room.

Sid: Hmmm..

"Yaar hatra matadutidiya? Nanige kelista illa." {Who are you speaking to? I can't hear you.}

Sana: Yaaru illa, baai muchkondu ninn kelsa maadu. {No one, shut up and do your work.}

She goes into a room and he follows her. She quickly picks up some things lying in the room and stuffs it inside the wardrobe. He looks around the room. It was half the size of his luxurious room with a bed, wardrobe, a table and a little attic. There were 2 windows - One opening towards the road infront and the other towards the side which showed the blue wall belonging to the neighbour at a little distance.

Sana: I will empty the wardrobe soon for you.

Sid: Don't bother, it's just one bag. I can place it on the table there.

Sana: You are family member now so don't even hesitate a bit to walk around in the house.

Sid: Sana, who is the girl with whom you were speaking in your mother tongue?

Sana: Oh.. that's.. that's my paying guest.

Sid: And your family?

Sana: You are there right?

Sid: (Gushing) Yes, I am. What about others?

Sana: There is no one else. Take rest, I'll see you again.

She walks towards the door and turns around.

Sana: Sorry, the bathroom is over there on the left corner. It's attached.(points outside the room)

Sid: Okay sweetheart.

Sana smiled with a little blush on being called sweetheart. After she was gone, he lied on his back on the bed and kept thinking about her.

I am getting bored already without her. I am here as her boyfriend so she ought to be with me. I can't be so shy now as I need to fulfill her wish of having a boyfriend and do what every boyfriend would do.

He goes out of the room searching for Sana. He finds her in the kitchen washing utensils. He goes near her and hugs her by her waist from her back. She gets scared and turns around. He looks at her. It wasn't Sana.

"Ammaaaa... Aiyyo paapi, Yaro neenu? Nama maneyali yeno madutaidiya? Hatra barbeda illa andre, tarkari katariso haage piece piece maadbidtini ninna." {You sinster, who are you? What are you doing in our house? Don't try to approach close to me, else I will chop you into pieces like vegetable.}

She picks up a kitchen knife from the nearby stand and points at him. Sid couldn't understand a word but he looked at the knife and understood that the lady was scared of him and mistook him to be somebody else. He stood far with his hands up.