Kabanata 62

Flare

I move my wrist and leg when I felt something heavy and cold binding around it. When I opened my eyes, I was inside the cold bars of the dungeon. When I look at myself, both of my wrists and legs are tied in the wall using sealing chains. I closed my eyes once again, and that's when I remembered how I ended up trapped inside this place.

When I coincidently met with Icca in the forest, I knew someone was keeping an eye on her. Farus must have sent some knights to spy on her. He must have calculated that sooner or later Icca and I will meet, and he'll take that opportunity to capture me, which they successfully did. 

I smiled mentally at the thought. He's trying to be wise, but sad to say, he's still dumb. They captured me not because they were smart enough, they caught me because I let them. I tilt my head. My body felt so tired standing against the wall, chained with no food to eat. 

What I didn't expect was the sealing chains that works sufficiently. Talagang hindi ako makagamit ng sixth sense ko. The sealing chains was restricting me from using any form of magic, even verbal spells won't work. Looks like Farus really prepared something for me. How thoughtful of him. 

I appreciate his thoughtfulness and efforts that I want to burry him six feet on the ground. 

I scoffed in my head and rolled my eyes. I saw tons of knights outside the dungeon I'm in. Hindi ko sila mabilang, ang alam ko lang ay marami sila. They look strong and mighty, but I bet the moment I got away from here, they'll end up lying on the cold floor within a few seconds. 

If I'm not mistaken, today is the King and Queen's Gala. I smirk when everything I've prepared were all set. All I'm waiting for is the solar eclipse later at noon, and reinforcements from the lost continent.

 I can't help but to smile menacingly thinking about what my father and the knight princes reaction were when they found out I was trapped here. Not to mention about my mother being alive, I bet he already lost the last remaining patience he has for them. I know him, he won't just stand there and do nothing when his daughter and wife was in the hands of his long time enemy. 

Biglang tumunog ang tiyan ko kaya napairap ako sa kawalan. I was locked up here overnight with no food or water to drink. Akala ko ba pinaghandaan ako ni Farus, bakit walang pagkain na nakahanda para sa'kin. It's only proper to give some food to the prisoner. Pati ba naman doon ay wala siyang kaalam-alam. 

Naturingang hari pero bobo. 

I heard the clanking of the bars so I lift my head up, and speaking of the devil, the useless son of a bitch, and a worthless king is here. He's holding a tray of food, so I automatically raised an eyebrow at him. 

"I am honored to be served by the king," pang-aasar ko. How passionate of him to personally serve me food to eat. I'm so thankful that I wished he would die.

Instead of answering me, he just gazed at me with a smug look on his face. He seems uninterested with my words, like he doesn't care of the insult I gave him. Well you see, I always have the talent to get on someone else's nerve effortlessly. So he won't leave this place looking so calm and compose.

"Eat your food." Muli ay tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. Kung hindi ba naman sya isa at kalahating tanga, alam niyang nakatali ang magkabilang kamay ko tapos uutusan niya akong kumain?

Tiningnan ko na lang siya na para bang may sampu siyang ulo. I laugh in my head, kahit may sampu pa siyang ulo, napakabobo pa rin niya. Napatingin ako sa kaniya bago sa pagkain na nasa tray. I then look at myself being tied up. Sana mahalata niya kung ano ang ibig kong sabihin.