Kabanata 68

Third Person

Everyone started to panic. Ang takot na nararamdaman nila kanina'y dumoble nang maramdaman ang kakaibang puwersa na tila ba nagdudulot ng labis na pangamba sa kanilang damdamin. 

The people helplessly sheltered themselves against the huge blocks of ice falling from the sky. Kasabay na dito ang kanilang pag-iwas sa kidlat namiminsala sa buong imperyo. The people were terrified looking at the sea monster devouring every person it laid its eyes on. Natataranta ang mga ito't hindi nila alam kung ano ang gagawin.

The armies of the undead were also confused. Nakikita nila ang kapwa nila kawal na isa-isang nagsibagsakan sa lupa nang matamaan ito ng nagtutulisang yelo mula sa kalangitan. The armies of the undead aren't supposed to get hurt with such things, not unless if it was from a prowess related attack.

"W-what's going on?" Hindi mapigilang tanong ni Yael.

Natigil ang mga ito sa pagsugod sa isa't-isa. Canaan's anger was replaced by fear and confusion. Mabilis itong napatingin kay Caiz at Flare na siyang nagtataka rin kung ano ang nangyayari. Looks like all of them have no idea what's going on. 

Even the Kings and Queens of the empire were alarmed. None knows what's bound to happen. They lift their gazes, only to see a swirling cloud above them. Doon nagmumula ang kulog at kidlat na tumatama sa kalupaan. They saw countless body of people lying on the ground after being strucked by a lightning bolt. 

The land was barren and dried out. The trees and flowers was withering. The animals was dying.

Caiz look in the dim sky when a certain star lit up. It started to fall down like a meteorite. Ang nakakasilaw nitong liwanag ay pabalugsok sa kanilang gawi kaya't kaniya-kaniyang takip ng mata ang mga ito upang hindi mabulag dito. 

The people were expecting a huge explosion once it hits the ground, but it didn't. When they opened their eyes, they saw Arden. The look in his eyes were calm but Yael knew his stares better than anyone else. Arden was troubled. 

"The King had fallen into the abyss." His words confirmed their conclusions in mind. 

Caiz stood up even if his hands were chained. Lumapit ito sa tatlong kasama. The four of them remembered one thing. It was the order that the king gave them years ago. 

If one day I will be the cause of chaos and destruction of the world, I hope the four of you will do your best to kill me.

Mariin na napapikit ang mga ito, nakakuyom ang kamao't walang salitang maapuhap sa bibig. Killing the king is the last thing they wanted to do. He's the one who taught them manners, who clothed and trained them. The one who acted as their parent when they have no one else to hold on to. 

That will be and order as a king, and not yielding to my order means your death and the suffering of everyone with ties on your blood.

They have no choice but to do it. It was a vow they must commit. Kahit na hindi nila alam kung makakaya nila itong gawin ay wala silang magagawa. They have to try their best to stop him at all cost.

The four of them opened their eyes when they heard an unusual quake. Para bang may isang napakalaking hayop na naglalakad at sa bawat yapak nito'y yumayanig ang kalupaan. Hindi pa man nakakabawi ang mga ito sa takot ay nagulantang ang mga ito nang may makitang isang dambuhalang halimaw sa kanilang harapan.

It was a mythical animal. A huge dog with three heads. It was around 10-15 meter high and his savage canine teeth was a warning that it was not that friendly. It was covered with thick black fur. Each head has a different color highlight that runs down its neck and into the fur, but blue looks to be the most prevalent, appearing on the legs and back as well as the spikes.