Chap 1

~

Flames exploded from the top tower as some marine engineers ran out of the collapsing building to the lifeboat. There's the toppling of oil vessels, and metal container stands everywhere.

~

The image of a signboard named Blue Flames is burning at the corner.

~

"Where is he?" shouted someone who just got onto the burning ship to the running away engineers.

"Get away from the tower?" shout back the marine engineers who are on the run.

~

//BRAK!, BRAK!//

The tower toppled right beside one of the engineers who made it out of it, which caused him to wobble along the edge of the marine ship. People can't spot his face clearly due to the dark smoke. Any moment now, he could drop into the ocean.

~

The injured engineer was tackled due to the fire as he tried to stand up, and he quiver as the ship goes through the turbulence.

//Splash//

"No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

~

I wake up with a jolt as I had the same terrible dream again. This time, I had extra clear images from the nightmare.

"Gosh!" was the first word slips through my tongue once I woke up from sleep with a slight headache sifting through my veins.

I rubbed my face a few times to get rid of the image of the unknown engineer falling into the ocean and the whole fire accident scene.

I don't want to trigger my phobia and have a damn panic attack here. I feel my body slightly shivering from the image of the fire scene, and my back is wet with sweat despite the coldness in this plane.

"You, okay?" asked a voice worriedly beside me.

I know who's voice was that. It's my best friend, Leo. He is a medical student, the same as me, and he is a Canada born Thai guy.

He is my roommate, coursemate and friend for six years now.

I finished my secondary studies in Canada and enrolled in medicine. I wanted to become a medical researcher, but one of my grandpas was very much against that idea.

Everybody in my family was either an engineer or a business major. None of them was doctors or science-related workers except for my other grandpa, and my parents were very excited about research studies until my phobia showed up. Then suddenly, they teamed up with my grandpa, who was against the major and parcelled me out.

Leo was the first friend I made when was I send away to Canada against my wish.

Oh, Come on. Who would love to be sent away to a different country that you're not familiar with out of a sudden? All because you faint in your 16th birthday celebration due to a minor fire accident.

I can never understand my family. They always get what they want. That's why I agreed to enrol in medicine.

It's because you can always choose to extend your studies into the research team after graduating, and I also always fight for what I want.

"Beam, you okay?" he asked as he tried to bring me back from my thoughts.

"Yeah, just the same old dream," I answered as I took a few deep breaths to calm down my heavily beating heart.