Chap 11

The flashback.

__________

~1981, August 18th~

In the Similan Island Medical Camp,

"When was the last time people here had a medical check-up, Khrap?" asked Beam as he helped the volunteer nurse P'Jenny from the local clinic to pack up.

Beam is at Similan Island today to collect blood samples for his research in the name of a medical check-up. He has been collecting samples around that area for months now.

"If I'm not mistaken, it was more than four months ago. Our clinic volunteered to help with the medical check-up organized by med school kids on this island. Why are you asking, Mo Beam?" questioned the mid-thirty nurse.

"Ahh, I see. It's nothing Khrap. Please help me place this in the van na khrap?" requested Beam as he put away another set of blood samples he took from the island people in a safe box to bring back by himself.

It was the new batch of samplings for his lab, not the hospital.

"Mo Beam, we are done for today. Maybe you can relax and go strolling on this island before going back. The view from up the hill is very captivating. You could watch the whole island and sea's horizon from there," advised the senior nurse.

"I'll think about it, Phi. Forth will be back early this week," replied Beam as he smiled sweetly at her, despite his tired face.

"Then, I won't bother you love birds," P'Jenny bid her byes as she left with the van.

~

At home,

Beam packed all of his things and went back home to his apartment in the port area. When he entered the house, he saw his shirtless husband making dinner while dancing to the music in the background.

"I'm home," he announced as he slowly walked to Forth and back hugged him.

"Beam, you're back, baby?" asked Forth sweetly as he continued to make the dinner.

"Get freshen up first. Dinner will be ready by that time," said Forth as he kissed the side of Beam's forehead.

"Okayyy," replied Beam as he snuggled to his husband, which got returned by Forth's bear hug. Beam felt at home with Forth's gesture.

After dinner Beam was back to his work as he arranged all the reports and samples on the small table in the living room and continued his research.

He doesn't know why the results from all the labs and hospitals are negative while not his lab reports.

Who is making those mistakes?

Is it him or the others?

Is someone altering the samples?

"Beam, eat these snacks as you do your work, na," stated Forth as he sat behind him on the couch as Beam was doing some paperwork by the small table in the living room.

"Forth, do you think my talent is wearing out?"

Beam is not the type who has self-doubt, but those results made him feel stupid and useless.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" asked Forth as he laughed a little.

Beam is a specialist clinical pathologist. After completing his five years of medical studies and housemanship, Beam continued his studies in pathophysiology. He is one of the gifted doctors in his line of work, but it comes with its disadvantages.