Chap 3

"Toothbrush, towel, my laptop.....what else? Leo, where's my MP3 player?" shouted Beam from his room to Leo who's bedroom is right beside his.

"I leave it on your dressing table. Don't forget your power bank and the first aid box," reminded Leo from his room as he shouted back as well.

"You boys are sure loud," said someone by the door.

"Grandpa Gulf, what you're doing here? Do you need something?" asked Beam as he noticed his other grandpa.

Unlike grandpa Mew, grandpa Gulf was so against the idea of sending him away. He was very supportive of Beam's dream to become a medical researcher, same as him.

Grandpa Gulf was a sports medicine researcher before. Now he is one of the sports medicine board members.

"Why? Can't I visit my only grandson's room? What are you hiding here?" he asked teasingly.

"Grandpa...... you know that I don't have anything to hide here," stated Beam as he clung to his favourite grandpa's arm.

"Look how much you've grown up. You used to be this height," said grandpa Gulf with lovely eyes as he pointed at his hand below his waist level to imitate Beam's once height.

"Grandpa, that was my height ten years ago," whined Beam playfully.

He loved his time with grandpa Gulf the most. Unlike grandpa Mew, who seems too strict, and grandpa Ohm, who ask him to work out, he prefers grandpa Gulf, who plays soccer and pulls a prank on his father with him.

"I didn't get to spend time with you at breakfast due to a meeting, and your mom told me that you fought with your dad again," said grandpa Gulf softly.

"Grandpaaaa, who does my dad take after by gene? Is it grandpa Mew or you? Why doesn't he cut some slacks on me? Why doesn't he talk to me softly like you? I'm sure my dad is exactly like grandpa Mew, too strict and scary," completed Beam with a pout.

"Hahaha, your dad takes after me. I was the hot-tempered and strict one at his age. Your grandpa Mew was the fine-tuned and more kind one among us," grandpa Gulf replied with a far knowing smile.

"What?! I don't believe you, grandpa Gulf," responded Beam, not ready to believe that.

"Our family lost some dear ones a few decades ago. From then, your grandpa becomes overprotective of your dad and me. Then his over-protectiveness extended to you when you were born.

Your grandpa Mew and your dad were so playful and carefree together with your dad's uncles before. I always have a hard time controlling them. Those three were trouble makers, and your dad was a little rascal as well. They were not this strict before."

"Who did our family lose, grandpa? What happened to them? Why didn't I know about this before?" asked Beam, confused and curious.

"It's because your great-grandpa doesn't want to talk about them, and P'Mew doesn't want to relive the pain of losing his dear ones again and again."

"But grandpa, won't the deceased be sad by that? It's sad not to be remembered by our own family," asked Beam as he listened to the story for the first time in his life.

He had no idea about this. It's the first time his family members talking about this. Therefore he felt thrilled and curious to know more about the family history.

"We never know, kid. Now, it's getting late, and you should pack up quickly and hit the bed," responded grandpa Gulf as he ruffled Beam's hair before he stood up to leave his room.

"Sir Gulf, will you be there for breakfast tomorrow morning?" asked Leo as he entered the room after giving them enough privacy.

"How many times have I told you to call me grandpa as well," scolded Gulf as he ruffled Leo's hair as well.