Chap 15

My lovely cupcakes, I tried to write the family meeting part in a single chapter, which became more than 5k words. So I'm going to separate it into two different chapters.

I hope you guys don't get bored with the many word counts. And I also added a flow chart to reveal new characters.

Do support me till the very end, and please don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Here we go

_______________

"I'm home!!!!" shouted Fiat as soon as he entered the bungalow. He is right at the time for lunch, and he is starving.

"Owh, you didn't bring home your new boyfriend?" asked his mom as she looked past him.

"Mom, I only had one boyfriend my whole life, and that's P'Leo. What do you even mean by new?!" asked Fiat, who felt offended.

"So, did you bring him home, Son?" comes a caring voice from the stairs.

"Dad!!! I missed you," shouted Fiat in excitement as he hugged his dad tightly, mimicking a koala bear.

"You sure are your dad's son. You didn't even kiss me upon your arrival. You spoiled him too much, Pho," sulked his mom to his dad as she left the duo at the stairs.

"Dad, why didn't you inform me earlier? I was surprised to see you as the special guest for our sports event. I couldn't get close to you during the event, or my hazers might kill me. Why didn't you wait to meet me? I was sad, you know. And we had issues at our medic tent. I had to handle that and missed you in the crowd," Fiat spoke a mile for a minute without taking a break with his dad while his mom set up the table for lunch.

"Breathe, my child. I'm not going anywhere," teased his dad as he handed him a cup of water.

Fiat drank it all in one gulp as he continued to chat about anything under the sky with his dad.

"Nong Forth is a softie. He won't kill you for meeting your dad," replied his dad as he helped his mom set up the utensils.

"That's because you didn't work with him on any project. He almost enslaved me, dad," he complained while pouting.

Khun Kong remembered Forth's work ethics back at the rig. He would be so focused and strict during work. But become friendly out of working hours.

Khun Kong remembers how they shared new recipes and chit chat during their midnight snack time. If only he could return to the past, he would make a different choice this time, not worrying about the consequences.

"Forth never changes," mumbled his dad with a faraway look more to himself, but Fiat could hear him.

"What was that dad?" he asked again to be sure.

"Nothing, Fiat. Let's eat. Mae, let's eat, leave the rest to the maid, na," called his dad as he settled down at the head chair.

They had their lunch peacefully with a talk in between. But Khun Kong daydreamed about the past in the middle, which gained Fiat's attention.

"Dad, don't daydream and eat quick, please. Mom won't give us dessert if we are late," complained Fiat with a mouthful of food.

"Swallow before you talk, Fiat. And I won't give him desserts even if he doesn't daydream," answered his mom as she ate elegantly.

"Huh?! Why?!" whined Khun Kong, unlike his collected, cold demeanour.

"Because your sugar level is spiking up, and I'm not letting you get diabetics," she scolded him as she handed mongo custard to Fiat, who sat across her on the table.