Chap 2

"How long are you going to space out? Don't we have to go back and pack up for tomorrow?" asked Leo to engage Beam in any conversation.

The said guy has been sitting still with a frown on his face since they both left Beam's parent's mansion after the small argument with his parents.

"Yeah, we should," was his only reply.

"Don't be too sad, meng. You know your dad didn't mean it. They must have some reasons for this," Leo tried to cheer him up.

"What reason?! How could he say that he did rather have me away from Thailand than have me beside him in Thailand? I'm their only child, and they don't want me here. What could the damn reason be?" asked Beam, upset and angry.

"All right, all right. I understand that you're upset. But you being upset doesn't change anything. At least this time, your grandpa didn't team up with your parents," added Leo.

"Yeah, sure," replied Beam with sarcasm.

"Cheer up, Beam. We are going to Phuket tomorrow, and your upset face is spoiling my happy mood. I'll get you a refill, and you better stay here when I return," urged Leo.

"Hmm. I'll try," said Beam lazily.

"Beam, I mean it. Don't walk around when you're in a daze and spacing out. You might cause an accident," warned Leo.

"Were you that worried about me? I wouldn't die in any accidents," stated Beam, uninterested.

"I said you might cause an accident. It means that you could be a danger to others. Not the other way. Now stay here, will you?" taunted Leo.

"Whatever, get my refill quickly," stated Beam, annoyed by Leo's taunting.

Leo left their table as he shook his head, unamused by Beam's attitude. Whenever he gets upset, his crazing for something sweet and his whole grumpy attitude takes control of him.

They are at a cafe near their new university. Both Beam and Leo went to the campus to get some documents related to their departure to the camp tomorrow, and Leo bought him here to cheer him up with some sweet drinks.

As Leo walked away, Beam was once again get engulfed by his dad's word.

His dad was quiet and didn't question him about anything for a whole week since he returned to Thailand with Leo, only to start an argument today.

He thought Beam would go back after the camp he mentioned and the study holidays. But, his father lost it when Beam announced his return to the family. That this time he was back for good, and he will continue his remaining studies in Thailand.

His grandpa didn't say anything. He didn't approve or oppose Beam's return.

Then his dad said that he would rather have Beam away from Thailand than have him in Thailand.

If there is a reasonable excuse for their doings and if they have explained to him why they don't want him in Thailand, Beam could reconsider.

But, no.

None of Beam's family members explains anything to him. He is not a kid anymore. He could handle whatever the damn secret they hide Or if they don't love him anymore.

If they care and love him, they won't let him go through the same heartache he feels every time he has a nightmare about the unknown engineer in the ship.

They won't let him feel sad and scared of losing someone when he doesn't even know who the hell that someone is.

All these thoughts only cause him headaches, and he hates it. He wanted some fresh air, and he decided to wait for Leo by the garden outside the cafe.