Chap 8

'Cring!!! Cring!!!!'

The doorbell was ringing, more like blasting the whole apartment with the loud ringing.

"I'm coming. Stop torturing the poor bell. People are sleeping, for god's sake," Forth irritatedly replied as he got up from his bed.

It's going to be midnight, and he just got back home from hazers meeting a few minutes ago.

If the person outside his door was one of his stupid friends, he was ready to smack their heads. It's Friday night, and he doesn't want to see his friend's face till Monday morning.

But all of his tiredness vanished in the air as soon as he saw the person behind the door.

"Grandpops!!!" he screamed louder than the doorbell sound earlier.

"You're that happy to see me, champ?" asked Phana as he happily ruffled the excited puppy in front of him.

"I thought you didn't want me to visit your hostel dorm," accused Phana playfully as he hugged his grandchild.

"I missed you so much, Grandpops," stated Forth in a baby voice that he only uses for his grandparents.

"I missed you too, hlan chay(grandson)."

It's the first time Phana visited Forth's hostel dorm. He was shocked to see the similarities in the room arrangement.

The room was chosen and decorated by Forth.

He did that before he officially moved in during his first year here.

The room looks exactly like his old friend arranged it during their university days. The point that his grandson got the same room and building as old Forth was not helping Phana's initial shock as well.

Forth noticed how his grandpop was checking his room which looked like a place hit by a storm. He quickly collected the scattered clothes from all sorts of corners into a laundry basket.

"My room doesn't usually look like this. I'm a very organized person, grandpop," Forth tried to convince his grandpa, who looked at him with a knowing look.

He laughed at Forth's childlike behaviour as he helped him clean up the place with him. After half an hour, the room somehow looked presentable.

"You made me work with my old bones," complained Phana as he settled on the sofa.

"I didn't ask you to clean, Grandpops. You made me clean at this midnight, too," whined Forth.

"We should keep your place clean, or else your Grandpa Yo will become a hulk when he sees your room later," replied Phana.

"Grandpa Yo is coming too? When will he be here?" questioned Forth without a break.

He was so hyper for a person who had classes and meetings all day till midnight.

"He will be here tomorrow morning to fetch me. I was supposed to stay in a nearby hotel. I have an appointment with a friend tomorrow," added Phana.

"Ohh, I see. Here I thought you missed me to come here so late at night," pouted Forth.

"Of course, I'm here cause I missed you. If not, I would've stayed in a hotel with five-star service than clean your messy room," teased the old man.

"You've grown so much," Phana said as he gently caressed Forth's face.

"Don't get emotional now," teased Forth as he started to prepare the bedding for his grandpa.

"Grandpa, you may take my bed for tonight. I'll sleep in this additional bed. I always kept one around here for my friends. They will pass out after our group discussion all the time."