C̴̛̣̜͍̋͋h̴̳͋̇̔̀a̷̢̐̃p̶̣̈́̇̕t̶̢̖͊̊̕ͅȩ̵̩̜̽̒͠r̴͍͋ͅ ̶̝̆4̷̖̏́̚: The Mo̸͒rning After

[Song: Night Knuckles by Cavetown]

I woke up to see the sun shining through my blind, making the room look golden. I sat up with my elbows, looking at the clock on my nightstand. It was 7:31 AM. I looked away and looked at the sleeping countries on the floor. That was soon interrupted by my mother knocking at my door.
"Riley! Breakfast is ready!" I hear my mom say.

"Alright!" I responded. My voice was a bit raspy. I saw everybody wake up, confused. I began to panic.

South Korea noticed that I was distressed and said "Riley, are you ok?"

I was sitting on the edge of my bed with my legs crossed. "I don't know how to tell my parents that you're here." I said. I got up and walked towards my door, wrapping my hands around the door knob. "I might not tell them." I said. I twisted the door knob and opened the door. I walked out of my room, closing my door behind me.

—-----------

I woke up after hearing... A police siren? I looked at the clock on my nightstand. It was 5:44 AM. I sat up and looked at the floor where I saw Canada, America, and Russia. I forgot that they were here. I suddenly remembered a memory from 2 years ago. The news. I saw their faces on the screen. I had completely forgotten about that. I suddenly heard talking from downstairs. I got up and exited my room, carefully walking downstairs. I looked at the TV and saw a news anchor talking. I hated the way he talked.

"The countryhumans have escaped the prison located in the outskirts of [Your City Name]. Nobody knows where they went, except the 3 people they were spotted walking with last night at 2 in the morning. It is possible that all of them have escaped, even the ones representing the Third Reich, Soviet Union, and others. If you see any of them, contact authorities immediately."

My heart dropped. Someone saw us. Someone really saw us. Someone fucking snitched.
I wasn't sure if the countryhumans were criminals or not. I mean, I already had them in my home, they hadn't caused any harm, so I figured that I could keep them around, but I made a promise to myself that if they do anything really bad on purpose, I would have to let them go. It sounded harsh at first, but since I let what people said to be criminals in my home, I kinda figured it would be reasonable. I hoped that the Third Reich and Soviet Union weren't out there.

I suddenly heard footsteps coming from the stairs. I froze up, hoping it wasn't one of my parents. I looked over to the person slowly, to see it wasn't my parents. It was Russia.
"Up early too, huh?" I said quietly. Russia nodded. I looked back at the TV.

—-----------

[Trigger Warning: Abuse, Intoxication]

I heard a loud slam from downstairs. It was coming from the front door. My heart started pounding out of my chest. I shot up out of bed and saw the countryhumans waking up, confused.
"It's my dad!" I whispered.

Mexico looked at me, confused. "Why is he coming home at 5 in the morning?" He asked.

"He went out drinking with his friends, again. He's drunk for sure." I said. I heard him stomping up the stairs. "Quick, hide!" I whisper-yelled. The countryhumans looked around and hid in my closet. I rushed to hide under my bed.
I heard my dad slam my door open.
"WHERE ARE YOU?!" He yelled. I started shaking. He looked under my bed. His face scared me. He grabbed my arm and yanked me from under my bed. I screamed, tears blurring my vision. I suddenly heard my closet opening and loud hissing. It was Japan, but she was.. A cat?
Japan bit into dad's ankle. Dad let go of me and screamed. He tried to get her off, but she only bit deeper into his skin.
Japan finally let go when he kicked her off. Dad looked at japan. She looked like a human and a cat all at once, but a bit more spooky.
"What the fuck?!" My dad exclaimed. "Why is this thing in my house?! Did you let it in?!" He yelled.
"I.." I said before he slapped me.
"ANSWER ME!!" He yelled. Tears blurred my vision once again. "Are you gonna cry?" He said with a babyish voice. "Men don't cry, you're soft." Dad said. He slapped me again, only harder. A tear rolled down my cheek.
"Suck it up." Dad said. He walked out of my room and into his bedroom, where I heard mom screaming and slaps.
'I hate my life.' I thought.

"Oh god fucking dammit." I said. "I gotta knock dad out again."

Germany busted out of the closet. "AGAIN?!" He yelled. I covered his mouth quickly, but it was too late. I heard dad's footsteps coming towards my bedroom.
"Oh no" I said, my voice shaking.

---------------

~ Originally published: 9/5/2021 ~

~ Rewritten: 6/28/2022 ~

~ Word count: 713 ~