C̴̟̮̊̈́ha̶̎p̷̛͎̼̉̎te̶r̶̤͊ 1̵̯̤͖͛4̵̋: Let Me Feel Low

[Song: Let Me Feel Low by Cavetown]

Y/N's POV

A memory I didn't recognize entered my brain. I was looking in the mirror, but I didn't look like myself. I looked completely different from what I looked like. I looked 19.. But I was still like this even when I turned 19. A sad teen just looking in the mirror with tears in their eyes. I didn't dream about this.. So where did it come from?

"Y/N!" I heard somebody call from outside of the tent. They peaked inside and I saw that it was Canada.
"Oh, hey." I said, wiping my tears away.
"Are you okay?" Canada asked softly.
"Yeah.. I'm fine." I said, nervously.
"Is that a lie?" Canada asked, again, softly.
I looked at the ground for a moment, then back up at Canada.
"Yes." I said.

Canada's eyes were now filled with concern. He sat down in front of me.
"You can tell me what's wrong. You don't have to if you're not comfortable with that." Canada said.
I sighed. "I'm starting to realize that.. I kinda miss my mom." I said. "I miss when she understood what I was telling her, I miss when she cared about what I had to say. After New Years of 20... 14 I believe, she was completely different. It was like a switch flipped in her brain. She always cared about me, especially when my dad was in prison when I was.. 7."

My voice began to break as I said "I wish she cared."
Tears began to blur my vision. I sobbed and blinked, making tears stream down my face.

Canada comforted me. He sat next to me and rubbed my back and told me it was alright. He let me cry for as long as I wanted.

Eventually, I wiped away the tears.
"I wanna go outside!" I said cheerfully.
Canada chuckled and said "Alright, happy face, let's go!"
I smiled at the nickname. We walked out of the tent. America looked at us and asked "What were you two doing in there?"
"Oh.. Nothing." I said.
"Please don't tell me y'all were fucki-" America said before Russia covered his mouth with his hand and chuckled. "They weren't. If they were you would know." Russia said.
America shoved Russia's hand away and groaned.

Canada and I continued walking. We decided to go into the forest. Trees started to surround us. The further we went, the more the other country's voices got quieter.

We heard footsteps, crunching the leaves behind us. We turned around and saw a person with bright red skin and an eye-patch with a hammer and sickle. I realized very quickly who it was.

--------------------

Published: 3/5/2022