PART 53: NAKED IN THE RAIN

AUNT REMIDE POV

Page after page, turns over in my hands and once I've finished one book, I begin my search again through another.
Time is running out. The Blue Moon is almost upon us.

My brain is as sharp as it ever was in my youth and I have a running commentary looping in my head...

Two full moons in one calendar month. Could that mean we should expect two events to occur?
The making of new wolves by Can and Sanem, but also the making of Kurt's wolf too?
The wood is alive with activity tonight and my fingers move together with my eyes, scanning across each page looking for any words of wisdom for the young wolves, out there, beginning this journey.  I pause at one entry...

Krakatoa, 1883.
As the Volcano erupted, ash spread and the moon become shrouded in a blue mist.

Our ancestors believed that the moon glowed blue that day as a way of protecting herself. That the heated toxic particles, cooled and floated away in the air and never landed on the surface.
I read on...

A Blue moon brings rare happenings.
Spiritual intentions linked with the Blue Moon are second chances and regeneration. Knowledge, love, protection and Fertility. Many new wolves were created under the  eerie glow that overtakes the sky on the night of this second moon.

The Blue Moon will recharge the waters of the seas, oceans, rivers and lakes.

The more I read, the more I'm almost convinced that Kurt will regenerate, change, into his wolf, for the first time in less than 24 hours.

On the night of the Blue Moon.

SANEM POV

SANEM POV

JJ is calm beside me one minute and then the next, his ears lift and his head turns.
He barks at me and I wave my hand.
"Yes, you must go if she needs you. I'm fine. He's waiting for me."
He yelps once more and then he's off.
Twisting nimbly through the trees.

Of course, waiting, as a word, is an understatement. Always in contact with the pack, he probably knows that JJ is off on another errand.
He's pounding the ground. Long, heavy strides, crashing with his big boots on the hard forest floor.
No one can mistake the Alpha coming their way.

The atmosphere is changing. Already the air feels different. Looks different.
A blue smoky haze is snaking around the tree trunks, but looking up, the sky is the deepest ink in colour, and I can see the glowing edges of the billowing clouds drifting across the bright moon. A clear, crisp, new breeze fills my lungs and Can's scent carries through it, very strong to me.

I stand in one spot and regulate my breathing, because in a few moments, I'll be overwhelmed by him. In a good way, of course. He still takes my breath away. Still gives me butterflies.  Flutterings that begin in my stomach, but tease their way down.
And then it's difficult to keep a clear head and stay balanced, because his dark stare will be so intense.
You see, he's not even here and I'm already swaying.
Quietly giggling to myself grounds me to the girl I once was. Creative, and strong willed, but naive about life.
"Ah, Sanem. Only you, could meet a man like this and become a wolf's mate."