PART 3: LICK YOUR WOUNDS

CAN POV

"Polen. I am not answering that. You need to phase back. You cannot be like this. You are a High ranking female."

I try to pull her off me. I twist away and pull my shirt over my head in an attempt to put it over her to cover her nakedness. This backfires on me as the sight of my bare torso just makes her cling to me even more, wrapping her arms around me she runs her hands up and down my back.

"And you are MY ALPHA. Have you forgotten?"

"I am NOT ALPHA, not yet! And I am NOT YOURS. When I take over I will belong to everyone."

"Can, I want you to come home. Back to the pack. Take your place as the Alpha, with me by your side."

She nuzzles into my neck.

"Please let me try again. I know I can do it."

"No!... POLEN, you can't. I need my mate. My true mate. We tried Polen, it didn't work. I disappointed you. Gave you false hope. I'm sorry."

There are more howls further off in the woods.

"I can hear Emre. Is he coming to see me too? "

"Yes."

She tries once more to rub herself against me.
"Is this who I smell on you? Your true mate? Did you leave to find her? Is she here? Has she been able to do it?"

There's no point me telling her. She's hurting enough that she's not been able to arouse me, that I've not had any sexual feelings towards any of the females presented to me...
Until I began dreaming of HER... the girl inside my cabin, currently soaping herself in my bath tub.
My priority is to protect her now.

"Polen, as you're future Alpha, change back now and don't appear like this in front of me again."

My words and tone finally sink in and she backs away. She turns her face so I don't see her tears flow and then she falls to her knees.

I look back to the cabin.

When I turn back Polen is once again in her wolf form. She howls and looks at me before turning tail and running through the trees.

I sigh in relief

I sigh in relief. I'm still holding my shirt when my brother appears. His fur is short and dark grey. Being that we are family and have a true blood bond means he can connect with me through our minds.

"Emre, Good to see you, brother. How's Dad?"
"He misses you. I miss you too."
"I know. I miss you all."
"Can, he wanted me to ask you, if you've found what you were looking for?"
I almost turn my head back to the cabin but I don't. I want her to myself for a while longer.

"Tell him that I think I know where it is... which is progress at least."

"I guess you saw Polen. What did she say?"