PART 56: FAMILY TIES

DIANA POV

Watching Kurt, finally, begin to phase into his wolf feels part paralysing fear and part euphoric anticipation. I can't wait to see his transformation and I'm willing him on, right up until the point, when it's clear to us, that mid way through, he seems to be visualising a place and communicating with someone. Someone unknown to him because he's introducing himself to them.

But not with his name...

I'm your son!
As soon as I hear him say it, I'm gasping.

"Oh, noooo. NO!"

Can's ears twist and twitch and his nose huffs. He inches closer to Kurt, who's curled up, but now straining and stretching to fit into his wolf limbs. Shaking his head and grimacing with the new sensation of a large wolf tongue and teeth in a jaw that's elongating and protruding to form a snout.
Now he's raises and writhes, until he's on all fours, his head bowed, his new delicate wolf ears pointing straight up. Smooth skin disappears as fur ripples and shapes around him. As he stills, I notice he's shivering but then he speaks again.

Where you are? It's cold.

His words hang in our brain connection.
Holding the tooth has not only brought out his wolf self, but it's enabling him to cross lands of space and see in real time...to where Fabri, his father, is hiding out.
And it seems that Fabri can hear his son too.

And now I'm shaking my head and bending down, muttering through gritted teeth, under my breath to our dark Alpha.

"Can...he'll come and find him. This will be his way back into the pack."

There's a disgruntled gruff bark from Can and his large sharp claws dig at the ground, and then we're both willing Kurt to hear us, to return to the here and now and break this fateful connection.

When Kurt suddenly opens his eyes as his wolf for the first time, I'm taken back by their cool, pale, piercing shine, and his beautiful thick blue-grey fur, which is fluffy and new, like a childs manufactured toy, straight from the box.
I stretch my arm out to touch him, to heal his pain and I'm thankful to find him real, warm and well enough, with his own mind, to whine and lean into my touch. My fingers twist into him to massage around his ears and head and I'm overcome with the depth of my feeling for him. Our foreheads bang and slide around together...

 Our foreheads bang and slide around together

"Are you alright?"

He whimpers and nods, leaning back to stare at us, all of us, and then he looks down at his paw and lifts it stepping back to reveal the tooth, the chain still firmly attached under his claw. His nose lowers to nudge it.

Still stood beside Can, Sanem is empathetic, but honest and fierce with it. Her eyes grow wide, staring at the ground. The chain.

'I have a powerful connection over the tooth too. I can stop him. At anytime. With one touch, and if I have to protect my Alpha, I'm sorry, but I won't hesitate."