PART 2: FALLING FOR YOU

CAN POV

I surge forward as fast as I can but I can't quite get to her outstretched fingers.
She cries out and I hear a muffled groan. Looking over the edge I see her lying on her side in a crumpled heap of leaves and twigs.

"Hey, don't move, I'm coming down."

I pull off my backpack and take out my coat. I'm instantly in survival mode, looking for some thick, short branches, that will hold my weight and a couple of heavy rocks. I toss them in my coat and wrap them up tight before dropping it into the pit at her feet.
Then I climb down the sides. Its deeper than it is wide and with my arm span and upper body strength I can traverse down it easily.

She's still not moving when I crouch down beside her.

"Hey, can you open your eyes for me."

I speak low and soft.
When I see no sign of them even flickering, I lean down close to her face. I can feel her sweet, warm breath on my cheek. She has an even rhythm.

My nose can't help twitching and I lower it just enough so I can sniff into her neck. My mouth opens and my tongue is poised because what I really want to do is lick her but I restrain myself. Closing my eyes and gritting my teeth.

My fingers gently touch her head, feeling in her scalp

My fingers gently touch her head, feeling in her scalp. There's a bump on one side and as I knead around the back and down into her neck there's another small moan.
"Sorry, gorgeous, Just need to check you over for any broken bones before I lift you up."
Her bare back must have scraped on the rough stones on the way down as she's taken some skin off her shoulder blades. There's one nasty line running along the middle that I will need to look at.  A graze on her temple and bloody knees are other visable wounds.
I feel down her arms and she moves one slightly.
"That's good, can you hear me now?"
A small whimper.
"You're okay, I'm going to help you."
I take a deep breath as I look at her torso. She really is incredible to look at.
The lace has ripped and I can just see the underside of a breast.
I can't un-see it but I try to ignore it.
Ribs all seem fine. She hasn't flinched at any of my touches yet.
Down to her hips...
There's another small moan.
"Does that hurt."
Her hand grabs my wrist. Her manicured fingers are small and pretty.
"Okay, so that's tender?"

Her tanned legs start to lift up and the split in her dress reveals a cut on her thigh that disappears under the fabric.
She tries to lift her head now and I take the weight in my palm and push her hair back that's been covering her face.
It really is her. The girl from my dreams. But what I really want to know is why is she wearing a wedding dress, in the woods, at dusk?

"Can you open your eyes yet?"
She shakes her head and then there's a very small voice.
"Don't want to."
"Why?"
"In case this is all a dream and you're not real."
"Oh, I'm real enough, sweetheart. Do you know where you are?"
"In the woods? "
"Good girl. Do you remember what happened?"
"I saw... I saw you. But you were real?"
"As opposed to...?"
"In my dreams."