PART 57: THERE'S NO SMOKE, WITHOUT FIRE!

FABRI POV

LEVENT.
YIGIT.
UMUT.

They appear from the darkness of the trees. One by one, as their wolves and in single file. A typical formation when travelling or...hunting, but this is an unusual grouping and I eye them, warily.

Another shape hangs back, blending in perfectly with the forests hazy shadows, able to see me standing in the clearing, next to my old residence, but still hidden from view.

While Levent and Yigit have eyes on me, I see Umut look behind him and twitch his head.
He makes a side step and then the shadowy form prowls forward, hesitantly, and I get the first glimpse of him.

The newest member of the pack...
My son.

A mix of shaded, smoky grey fur, so not completely like me in colouring, but I see an uncanny likeness around the mouth and the current expression of mistrust is very similar. We have the same furrowed brow.
The soft, soulful eyes however must have come from his mother. Whoever she is?

 Whoever she is?

As a man, I imagine that he's taller than me, but with the same kind of body build

As a man, I imagine that he's taller than me, but with the same kind of body build. Not as broad and muscular as Can or Umut but bigger than Emre.

No one has spoken, nor greeted each other in any form and I find myself slowly smiling, before I twist my head and make a point of searching.

"Just the four of you? No Alpha?"
My arms spread in question, but it seems no one is going to answer, so I drop them.
They're surely communicating with each other. Subtle twitches of noses and ears give them away.

Now, he steps forward separating himself from his guard dogs.
Good.
I stay ram rod straight while he checks me out, sniffing the air and narrowing his eyes.

As his elder, I feel the responsibility to to break the ice.
"It seems like one of us, is in the wrong body."
His fur seems to bristle at that remark, but he ventures forward a few more steps.
"It's Kurt, isn't it?"
There's a very sharp nod. Still no vocal communication, yet I know he's able to. He did it before when I was miles away and that's a true test of a blood or mate connection.