ix. lingering thoughts

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ . 
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝖄𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝕭𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐍 Christmas morning, her chest blooming with the cheesy giddiness of Christmas.

The make-up with Harry made her feel significantly better. Alena, Harry, Ron and Hermione had a free day due to the twins and Lee being home for the holidays, and Christmas break.

Walking over, she pushed back the the crimson drapes, she was greeted with a wonderland. The castle grounds were layered in a snowfield, it glistened under the aurora.

     "Happy Christmas, Lena!" Hermione mumbled, her voice muffled by the pillow that the blonde had thrown her way.

     "Happy Christmas, Mione!" she laughed, handing the brunette a neatly wrapped box.

     Opening the pile of gifts next to the wardrobe, Alena received a wide variety of pranking supplies from Fred and George. A book on witchcraft and ancient sorcery from Aunt Lenna; she made a mental note to write to her and ask how she was doing. A dark purple leather trench coat from her Mum that magically adjusted in size as you grew. Rolf had sent her a gold bracelet with a Niffler charm and a note saying: i totally didn't do it on purpose :) .

     From Mrs. Weasley was the classical Weasley sweater and homemade fudge. Ron had given her a huge box of chocolates from Honeydukes that she was not going to share with anyone... but Harry would be an exception. Ginny had gotten her a picture of Uncle Regulus and Marlene. She had no idea how, she didn't question it. It made her feel dismal but euphoric. She felt like they had never left, truly.

     Lastly was Harry Potter. Now you would think this would be easy for him, right? Getting a Christmas gift for the girl of his dreams, yeah, no. It was quite the opposite. In fact, he quite clueless. He didn't know what to get her. Rings? No, I just gave her one at the start of the year. Clothes? I can see how beautiful she looks. Merlin, I see that everyday. Food? No, that's Ron.

     Long story short he came to a conclusion. Harry had gotten her a diamond shaped golden locket. A red ruby stone's placed in the middle and has a repousse type of border. When she opened it she almost choked up at the sight. It was a photo of her and Harry as infants. Both of them had brightest of smiles on their faces, their eyes glowed brighter than they ever had.