i. monster among men

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ .
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒐𝒏𝒆 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒐𝒏𝒆 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝖄𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝕭𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 quill on her desk as she skimmed through her potions book attempting to find information on her assignment. Professor Snape had given them an assignment to work on over the summer about different types of potions, of course Snape gave them out. They were supposed to write about an essay about whatever potion they received. Alena was given the Draught of the Living Death, the potion that puts the drinker in a state to sleep. Alena, just like her father dreaded Potions class — she preferred her Charms or Defense Against the Dark Arts class (thankfully she had learned all about Charms before Hogwarts because of it being her Mum's favorite class).

     Writing essays was what the young Black's summer break consisted of. Other than, you know, writing to Harry of course. And Ron telling her about his trip to Egypt.

     As for the Black family, Morgana had her job at the Ministry as an Auror which is one of the most popular Ministry jobs. Which meant that Alena was home alone a lot of the time with their house elf, Kreacher. Who surprisingly had a pretty decent relationship with the fellow Black.

     As Alena looked out the window next to her bedside, she loved the view it had. The way she could watch the sunset, the colors of sky blue, pastel pink and yellow contrasting with each other as they reflected over the clouds.

     The Black heiress watched the beautiful clouds as a fuzzy shape was flying right towards the Black household. Once Alena had realized what it was, she stood up from her chair and walked over to the window, unlatching the lock and opening it. A couple seconds later, the familiar snowy owl flew through her window, a parcel attached to her leg.

"Hello, love," The witch cooed, removing the letter and stroking the owls soft feathers. Giving Hedwig one of Orion's treats, the owl hooted affectionately as it flew its fellow owls cage.

Opening the folded piece of parchment, Alena instantly recognized the handwriting:

My Darling Lena,
How are you? How is your summer so far? Listen, my parents allowed me to spend the rest of the summer at the Leaky Cauldron. I can't wait to see you, my love.
     By the way, I know your birthday has passed already and I feel terrible for missing it. So I got you a late birthday gift. My father tried to help me, but I said no.
     Harry aka Your future husband