xxxiv. farewell wanderlust

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ . 
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ━ 𝕯𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹'𝘀 𝕻𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

     DAYS TURNED INTO WEEKS WHICH TURNED INTO MONTHS, AND SOON, IT WAS DECEMBER. The cool autumn weather was masked by the frosted, bitter winter days. Though, the castle did furnish its lukewarm temperatures within its walls, making the winter season more tolerable.

    Professor McGonagall invited all the students from the Gryffindor house to share a special announcement with them. But, she separated the girls and boys, which no one really understood her motive behind this.

     "Alright... Potter! Weasley! Will you pay attention?" McGonagall's irritated voice snapped through the Transfiguration classroom on Thursday, the two Gryffindor boys jumped and looked up.

     "Now that Potter and Weasley have been kind enough to act their age, I have something to tell you all," she informed, casting an angry glance at them as the head of Harry's haddock dropped and fell to the floor silently. "The Yule Ball is approaching—"

     A Yule what now?

"—a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign friends. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth-years and above—although, you may invite a younger student if desired—"

Lavender and Pavarti both let out shrill giggles, nudging each other in the ribs.

Harry glanced at Alena, smirking as he thought of the fantasies of both of them going to this ball together. He always wanted to pour out his heart to her, and now was his chance.

McGonagall continued going over the dress code, the time and location of the Yule Ball, and although this was a celebration, she expected no less from her students.

Few minutes later, the bell rang, and there was a scuffle of movement as everyone packed their bags and swung them onto their shoulders.

     Professor McGonagall called above the noise, "Potter—a word, if you please."

     Alena chuckled, the sweet tones stranding her mouth, the sounds hazing Harry's mind.