Chapter 2

I walked up to the door and rang the door bell. I would usually just walk in to his house, but ever since he started dating Nessa, I didn't want to walk in on anything.

Jaden immediately came to the door and I gave him a nice and friendly hug. "Hey, I'm working on a song with Travis right now. I'll just be a minute."

I started to walk into the house, "Travis?"

"Yeah, Travis Barker," He said with a smile.

"You better not be messing with me. You are telling me that Travis Barker is here? Like Travis Barker the best drummer ever?"

"Yeah, and you want to know what's even better?"

"Can I meet him?!" I was so beyond excited since Blink-182 was one of my favorite bands. Jaden and I always bonded over music and Machine Gun Kelly had always been our favorite.

"Yes, but don't you want to know the best news?" Jaden was definitely getting anxious to tell me.

"Sure, but I doubt that it's better than making a song with Travis Barker," I said with a laugh.

"Oh trust me, it is. Travis has decided that he wants to hop on a few of my songs," I was so excited that my jaw dropped.

"No fucking way!" I jumped up and gave him a hug. "Jaden, that's huge!"

"I know! Do you want to go meet him now?"

"Of course I do, have you met me?" I laughed as we walked over to Jaden's mini studio.

I entered the room right behind Jaden and he introduced me to Travis Barker. I had never really gotten star struck and I totally thought it was fake, but I froze as soon as I saw him. This guy is a legend and my best friend was going to be working with him all the time.

After we were introduced to each other I got a little curious, "So what are you guys working on?"

"We're just revising the chorus of one of my songs on the new album," Jaden said as he sat down on the couch.

"Which song?" I hadn't heard any of the unreleased songs since Jaden wanted me to hear them at the same time as the rest of the world. I had however seen the list of song titles, so I roughly knew all of the names.

"Pills, it's the first one on the album. We just can't figure out what we want the second line of the chorus to be."

"Maybe I could give you an idea if you tell me the first line," I added trying to be helpful.

"Fine, but this is all that you are getting," He said as he sang the first line of his song. "I don't like taking pills, but I took 'em anyway."

I thought about it for a second when it finally came to me. "How about, I don't like cheap thrills, but I do like feeling great?"

"Yeah, that'll work. I didn't know that you could write lyrics."

"I really can't. All I did was think of something that would fit."

"I guess so, I'm going to record it and then we can go get some food if you're down."

"Yeah, I'm down."

Jaden went into the recording booth and recorded the song. He really does have a really good voice and it fits well with every one of his songs that I have heard.

Jaden finished up about ten minutes later and then we decided to go to Boa for dinner. It was a really expensive place, but it was one of our favorite spots to eat and we could afford it. We sat down at one of the outdoor tables since every table inside was taken. We didn't usually eat outside because paparazzi usually showed up and that wasn't our idea of fun.

"So how are things with Ness?" I asked him, just trying to make conversation.

"It's great, we're great," He replied instantly.

"That's good," I said, but then there was this awkward silence that didn't usually happen.

"What about you and Kio? I saw the post on Tiktok Room," He asked and I immediately was confused. What did Kio do this time?

"What post?" I was hoping that maybe Jaden could clear some things up.

"The one where you liked an edit of you guys."

"I didn't like any edits-" Then it came to me. "Josh did it! Damn it!"

"Why did Josh have your phone?" He seemed genuinely curious.

"He ripped it out of my hands when that Kiolyn edit came across my for you page. He must've just bumped the heart on accident or something."

"Well, that makes a lot more sense. I-" He was interrupted by Fletcher from Hollywood Fix. Just like I thought, paparazzi always seems to find us.

"Hey Jaden. Hey Evie. How are you guys?" He asked us. Fletcher was always really nice, but it was sort of annoying when he came up to us while we were waiting for food.

"We're good," Jaden replied.

"Evelyn, I saw a few rumors that you and Kio are back together. Do you have anything to add on the topic?" He asked me.

"Me and Kio aren't together, Josh just accidentally liked a post on my phone. There is nothing going on between us."

"How about you Jaden, are you just using Nessa for clout?"

Jaden hesitated for a second and I could tell that the question got on his nerves. "Of course not, I feel like it is wrong to just use people for clout. And not to have an ego, but I don't really think I need her clout, I've made it this far on my own."

"Fair enough. Evie, I have seen you hanging out with a bunch of different people lately, are you going to move into a content house anytime soon?"

"I do hang out with a lot of people, but I don't think I will be moving in with anyone any time soon. I'm only 19 and I think that it is probably best for me to just live by myself for a little bit."

"If you were to move in with anyone, who would it be?"

"That's a great question. I don't really know because I hang out with so many different types of people. It would be so fun to live at Sway since I am really close with most of the boys, but they have a strict no girl policy so that won't be happening any time soon," I laughed. "I think the most likely person I would move in with would be Mads," I heard Jaden scoff from across from me. "Yeah probably Mads would be most likely since she is my best friend and literally the sweetest person I know. I love her to death."

"How do you feel about Evie being best friends with your ex, Jaden?" He asked Jaden and I couldn't help but laugh at the question since I was genuinely curious.

That's all for this chapter. I just realized how long it was getting so I cut it off there. Stay tuned to see what Jaden's answer is! (Vote and comment for me sweeties)