Chapter 22

We arrived at Chase's house and I could already feel the tension between him and Jaden. I gave Chase a hug as we walked inside which got a nice glare from Jaden. He was trying not to be mad, but it wasn't working.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," I smiled.

"I know! We need to talk more often," He responded.

"Congrats on the album by the way. It's literally so dope," I said.

"Thank you so much," He replied. I could feel the tension in the room continue to rise. All of a sudden the room went quiet and I could feel Jaden and Chase death staring each other.

"Can you guys not make this so awkward please?" I asked.

"Why would this be awkward?" Jaden was clearly trying to be serious, but the sarcasm still made its way through.

"Guys, seriously. I love you both so much and I would like to not have to deal with this every time I want to hang out with you both."

"Then just don't bring this idiot around," Chase stated which pissed me off.

"Shut the fuck up!" Jaden started. "At least my songs aren't all about Charli D'amelio and your cute little Teenage Heartbreak."

"Well, at least I didn't steal my friend's girl!"

"You kissed her too!"

"I didn't use her for clout, but you did!"

"You are such a-"

"Shut up!" I yelled making them both go quiet.

"Why are you dating him?" Chase asked glaring at him.

"You know what?" I started. "I'm leaving. Jaden, you can get an Uber."

I stormed out the front door and was so done with dealing with their stupid little rivalry. I got into the car and started driving home. I wasn't actually too mad at either of them, but I wanted them to learn their lesson for arguing with each other.

I pulled into my garage and my phone was ringing. It was Jaden, so I answered. I knew that if I didn't he would come over to my house, so there was no point in ignoring him. "What?"

"Baby, I'm sorry."

"You should be."

"Can you come over?"

"Why should I?"

"Because I want you."

"Why? Because you want to tell me how he started it and you aren't guilty at all?"

"No, I just need you."

"Fine, I'll be over in a few minutes."

"I love you," He said, but I didn't respond. I just hung up the phone and drove over to his house. I did feel bad for not saying I love you back, but he deserved it.

I got to his house and knocked on the front door. I felt terrible for getting mad at him and I didn't feel the urge to be petty, so as soon as he opened the door I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I am so sorry Evie."

"I know you are."

"So we're good?"

"Yeah, we're good," I smiled.

"Thank God!"

"I love you," I laughed.

Weird spot to end, but vote and comment