Chapter 21

"Your anxiety is getting worse?" Jaden sounded almost scared. I know how much he cares about me, and I know that he is worried about my mental health as much as I am. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was scared that you would worry about me," I said with a sniffle. "I know that probably sounds stupid."

"It's not stupid, but you really should've told me. It is my job to worry about you and I do it every second I'm not with you. I'm always worried that you're going to get hurt and it kills me."

"Please don't worry about me, it just makes me feel guilty."

"I can't not worry about you. You mean everything to me and I can't just turn that off whenever I want. Don't feel guilty, you don't control whether I'm worried or not."

"Nothing is going to happen to me," I smiled through my tears.

"I can't guarantee that unless I'm with you. When I'm with you, I know you're safe and then all my problems go away."

"That's sweet," I smiled.

"You ready to go home?" He said as he put the car into drive.

"Yeah, definitely," I sniffled.

We got back to my house and went straight to my room. I was so ready for bed and it was still only seven. "You look tired," Jaden laughed.

"I am tired," I grinned. "Can we just watch a movie and go to sleep?"

"I'm cool with that, driving you around is exhausting," He jumped into the bed and laid down.

"Oh shut up!" I laughed as I playfully threw a pillow at him. I got into my bed next to him and cuddled up under his arm. It was nice to know that I was safe next to him. It was almost like he made all the anxiety go away, but I know that it will never truly be gone. He gives me a nice break from it though, which is really peaceful.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder under my head and I buried my face in his chest. I decided not to watch the movie since I was super tired. I just relaxed in his arms and closed my eyes. I knew that he would be awake for another three hours or so, but I gave him the remote so he could watch whatever he wanted while I slept.

I woke up and it was still dark. I grabbed my phone to check the time and it was 2:26 a.m. I set down my phone and tried to fall back asleep but it was no use. My thoughts were racing around in my head and there was no way I was going to be able to sleep. I was really tired, but sleeping wasn't really an option right now.

I looked up at Jaden who was sound asleep. I really wanted to wake him up so I didn't have to lay here and do nothing, but it felt rude. I wrapped my hand on his stomach and placed my head back on his chest hoping not to wake him up.

I closed my eyes, but there was no point since my thoughts were still keeping me awake. Around ten minutes later, I decided there was no point in staying in bed, so I walked into the bathroom and rinsed my face to calm myself down. The cold water seeped into my pours and gave me an amazing, chilling sensation in my face.

I took a deep breath as I looked at myself in the mirror. I heard something next to me and looked over to see Jaden coming over. He wrapped me into a hug that made me feel all fuzzy inside, "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, I just couldn't sleep," I said as I looked up at him. "You can go back to bed, you look exhausted."

"You should try to go back to sleep too," He stated as he walked out of the bathroom with me.

"I can't, I tried," I sighed.

"I'm not going back to sleep unless you are."

"Please just go back to bed, I won't be able to sleep."

"Just come lay with me then, it's not like you're doing anything at 2 in the morning."

"Fine," I laughed as he got into the bed. I followed after him and cuddled up under his arm. I was actually really comfortable and even though I wasn't going to sleep, I was totally ready to spend the night in his arms.

I closed my eyes and really tried my hardest to sleep, and it must've worked because when I opened my eyes it was morning and Jaden was gone. I went on my phone for a few minutes when Jaden walked in holding a plate.

He handed me the plate of pancakes and it smelled amazing. "What's this for?" I asked with a smile.

"Just because," He said as he handed me a fork.

"No, really. Why did you do this? You never cook," I laughed.

"I'm sorry, I'll just take it back then," He laughed as he started taking the plate out of my hands.

"No!" I yelled as I pulled it back. "There seriously isn't a reason though?"

"Oh my God! No! Just eat the pancakes and be grateful!" He laughed.

"Thanks baby," I said as he pecked me on the lips. I started digging into my pancakes and they were slightly under cooked, but I didn't want to say anything. If you got passed the tiny parts that weren't cooked, they were actually really good. "What are we doing today?"

"I don't know, what do you want to do?" He asked.

"Can we go see Chase? His album came out like two months ago and I haven't even gone to see him."

"Do we have to?" He was obviously not excited, but he was going whether he liked it or not.

"Yes! I haven't seen him sense before we started dating," I used to hang out with Chase all the time when I first got to California. The only reason I stopped hanging out with him was because I was hanging out with Sway a lot more. They sort of had a falling out and Josh and Bryce went all Still Softish on him (which I love).

"Fine, but I'm not going to be happy about it," He was trying to be mad, but it wasn't working.

"Why do you not like him?" I was actually confused. "He never did anything to you."

"I have nothing against him, but he lowkey hates me since I helped write Still Softish."

"That was literally a year ago, he's probably over it. Plus, his life is going great right now so he has no reason to hold a grudge."

"I already told you I'd go," He laughed as he took the empty plate out of my hands. "When do you want to go?"

"Right now," I stated as I jumped out of bed and went to my closet. I wanted to wear the Still Softish sweats that I never returned to Jaden, but it felt mean to wear them at Chase's house. Instead, I put on some leggings and Jaden's DTA hoodie that I hid in my closet and walked out to the car.

OMG!!! Guys we have 1000 reads!!! Imma pass out, thank you so so so so much, I love you all!!! (Vote and comment)