Chapter 5

Ivy could hear everyone gasping and shocked. She could not contain her emotions like she was taught to and let a gasp slip out as well. Out of habit, she instantly put her head down as started to play with her fingers again.

She could feel someone walk up next to her but she was not prepared to face the fact that Draco Malfoy was standing next to her.

Soon, the pairing up was done and McGonagall started to speak again. "Now that everyone has been paired up, either you or your partner will come up to take your living arrangement chart. Since you will have to be married soon, you will be assigned living quarters which you will be sharing with four other couples."

"You will be having no classes tomorrow to settle down. You will be getting your class schedules tomorrow during dinner and you will also have an extra class for you to learn how to deal with marriage. Now please come up and take your living arrangement charts. Your luggage is already in your rooms. Thank you and good luck." She finished.

Both Ivy and Draco started walking but he immediately stopped Ivy and said "Please, allow me" and she nodded, both still avoiding eye contact.

As Draco walked towards the table, Ophelia approached Ivy, immediately embraced her and started "Oh my poor darling. I know how much you needed this year to be normal. And now you are paired with that twat".

Ivy frowned and pulled away from the hug. Ivy hated name-calling. Ophelia hesitantly apologised.

"It's not that big of a deal." Ivy stated to which Ophelia sarcastically replied "Oh yes, of course not. It's just we have to get married to someone we barely know and produce children with that man -meaning start a family- before we turn 23 and all because of A. Stupid. Law."

"Okay, well, maybe it is a big deal," Ivy said throwing up her arms in defeat. That was a lot. When it's said altogether, it is a lot, and it is a big deal.

Her thoughts were interrupted with Draco walking over to her and Ophelia and handing Ivy their living arrangements. Ivy scanned the paper which said-

Room 5B, 5th Floor, Password- Cornish Pasties

Theodore Nott and Daphne Greengrass

Imran Armani and Ophelia Richards

Draco Malfoy and Ivy Rose

Archie Crystal and Pansy Parkinson

Blaise Zabini and Jade Williams

"We have the same living quarters, all of us," Ivy informed Ophelia as she handed her the parchment.

After she was done reading the parchment, "Oh! Thank Merlin! At least some good came out of this law" Ophelia giggled as she flung her hand around Ivy's shoulder.

All ten of them gathered and started walking towards the fifth floor. Ivy, Imran and Ophelia were walking ahead of the rest of them.

They were followed by Archie and Jade talking about quidditch. Next to them were Theo and Daphne walking hand-in-hand and with Daphne's head resting on Theo's shoulder. And at the very last were Pansy, Draco and Blaise, the latter not engaging in conversation and instead just walking with his hands in his pockets.

--

They finally reached their quarters. Imran muttered the password and all of them entered. It was a huge room, almost the size of a house. The door opened to show the common room.

The common room was off-white and brown. It had wood floors. It had a large brown leather couch which had a few throw pillows on it, and two matching leather seats right in the middle of the room.

There was an off-white fur carpet place under the couch and seats. Opposite to the couch was a fireplace, attached to the brick wall.

To the right of the fireplace, in the corner, was a bookshelf with a few books in it and on the left of the fireplace was a large wooden door, with the name 'The Crystals' engraved in gold.

There were a few homely wall-hangings on the walls and the room had glass windows in every direction which kept it breezy.

Besides the door were stairs which led to the next floor, which had four doors similar to the one downstairs except, the names engraved were 'The Notts' 'The Armanis' 'The Malfoys' and 'The Zabinis' also in gold.

Ivy opened the door and entered the room with 'The Malfoys' engraved on it. Before Draco could enter the room, Ophelia pulled him by his collar and put her wand at his throat before he could do anything.

"One tear shed, hell, one hair on Ivy's head out of place, and I will not hesitate to use of the unforgivable curses on you Malfoy" Ophelia spat.

"Ivy is too naïve for her good, but let me make it clear, I am not a nice little Hufflepuff when it comes to her safety. Got it?" Ophelia continued as she dug her want deeper in Draco's throat. Draco was frightened and was not doing a good job at hiding it.

Before he could say something, Ivy came to the door when she realised Draco was not behind her. Ophelia immediately let go of Draco before Ivy could see and gave Ivy a cheerful smile.

"Everything alright?" Ivy questioned confused.

"Oh yes, yes, is it not Malfoy?" Ophelia asked as she punched Draco on his shoulder- not so playfully. "Yes", Draco said giving a sarcastic smile. Ophelia smirked at his response and wished Ivy a good night before leaving.