Chapter 23- Part 3

"Wha-" Ivy started. "Your mum was right there"

"She can wait. What the hell was that?" Draco questioned in a vexed tone.

"What was what?" Ivy retorted in a genuinely confused manner.

This made Draco even angrier and he started pacing back and forth in the room. "What was what? Come on Rose, don't act so innocent" Draco scoffed standing across Ivy leaving a considerable amount of space between them.

When Ivy gave him another unclear look, he resumed speaking, "I saw that whatever that was between you and Flint. Hugging him, twice, in my own home, in front of me. Him putting his hand on your shoulder and the two of you being all, friendly"

"Wow Malfoy, you are ridiculous, you know that? Marcus is like my older brother. The love between us is the love shared between siblings, you buffoon." Ivy scoffed. Draco's vexed expression changed into a guilty one after hearing this.

"Besides, hugging as siblings or not, at least he shows his appreciation towards me, unlike you" Ivy muttered as she crossed her hands in front of her chest.

"I do appreciate you, for Merlin's sake!" Draco shouted

"Lower your voice! And if you do why don't you show it?" Ivy said louder than her usual voice.

A minute of silence later, Ivy realised what she had said, and how she said it. She wasn't one to scream and shout or to voice her opinions but instead just agree, forgive and forget courteously. Her palms covered her mouth as soon as she realised what she had said.

"I- I am so sorry. I- that- um, that was very- incredibly rude. I should- just, um" Ivy mumbled as she turned and reached for the door.

Before she could open the door, she was held by her waist and was scooped behind. She turned and put her hands on the broad shoulders of the blonde for support. Now, Ivy and Draco were inches away from each other.

Before Ivy could assess the situation, Draco's lips met hers. After knowing Ivy did not object to this, Draco slid his other hand onto Ivy's waist and pulled her closer. Ivy placed her hands on the back of Draco's neck.

The kiss was not rushed or hungry, but instead was warm, intimate and gentle. Their mouths moved in sync with each other. The kiss started becoming more and more passionate as the seconds went by.

A few moments later, Ivy and Draco were forced to pull away from each other. Stupid lungs they thought. They tried to delay pulling away as much as they could, but moments later, they pulled away from a kiss they awaited.

They stood in the silent office, with their foreheads touching as they inhaled. The sound of the firewood crackling was heard occasionally and a breeze blew into the room. They opened their eyes and before they could say or do anything, there was a knock on the door.

Jade and Blaise entered the office which made Ivy and Draco pull away, but it was too late. Jade and Blaise had seen them in the position they were in before.

"Hate to be the one getting between you two, but your mum is looking for you" Blaise smirked and Jade tried to hold in a laugh. Draco and Ivy nodded wordlessly and rushed out of the office.

Ivy and Draco walked through the crowd of people, stopping to make small talk with people now and then.

They spotted Narcissa Malfoy with Cecelia Rose, giggling and chattering like little kids. They were surrounded by women who were also laughing. Ivy instantly knew what was going to happen and thought it would be best to warn Draco as well.

"Okay, keep smiling and listen to me" Ivy whispered to Draco with a fake smile plastered on her face. "Our mothers are going to show us off to their friends by showing how well we look together and maybe even embarrass, no, definitely embarrass us. Just keeping smiling and pretend to enjoy the conversation that is about to take place" Ivy continued. Draco cleared his throat and nodded.

"Oh, there are my darlings" Narcissa announced to the group of fancy-looking women. After hearing that, a few more women gathered around and now it was a crowd of women staring at Ivy and Draco as they walked together.

"Hello Narcissa, hello everyone" Ivy smiled as she looked at the pack of women. Everyone exchanged greetings and Narcissa introduced everyone to Ivy and Draco.

"What are the odds of these two endings up together? What did you do to get such a beautiful girl partnered up with your Draco, Narcissa?" a woman questioned which made the women laugh quite loudly.

It wasn't even that good of a joke, ladies, and I am very beautiful as well. Not as beautiful as Ivy but Draco thought

Oh, don't underestimate yourself, Mr Malfoy, you are quite charming as well. And the joke wasn't good at all, but this is what the women think is funny. Ivy told Draco using legilimency.

Draco looked at smirking Ivy with a surprised expression.

Since when do you know how to use legilimency and occlumency? Draco asked Ivy through legilimency.

Just because I didn't attend Hogwarts doesn't mean I did not study or practise magic for the past three years. Ivy answered.

"Oh, what a lovely pair indeed" another woman commented looking at Ivy and Draco.

Let's give them something more to talk about, shall we?

Woah, Malfoy, what are you going to do?

Draco turned to Ivy, pulled out his hand and asked, "would you like to dance?"

This made all the women 'aw' in co-operation. Ivy's nostrils flared up and she looked flushed. This made Draco's grin grow. Ivy cleared her throat and took Draco's hand.

"Well, if you'd excuse us, ladies," Draco said smugly as he pulled Ivy and himself away from the swarm of women.