Chapter 32

Ivy was confused why Draco brought her to the garden but chose to ignore it and focus on the conversation they were in.

"How was dress shopping? What did you buy?" Draco asked Ivy as they walked through Narcissa's garden.

Ivy thought about the dress she bought and started, "I will not be telling you anything about my wedding dress. But my bridesmaids' dresses are long and blush pink. They have a cowl neck and are going to look perfect on the girls. Jade's wedding dress is to die for. And her bridesmaids' dresses are champagne-coloured long dresses with a V-neck and a slit. They're glamourous."

Draco nodded and they continued their conversation as they walked into the garden.

--

Blaise knew what was about to happen when Draco took Ivy to the garden. He rushed to the drawing-room and told the women what was about to happen as well.

The overjoyed mothers started squealing and shrieking in happiness. They hugged each other in celebration.

While that was happening, Blaise and Jade slipped out of the room and dashed to the front door. They opened it with caution and quietly exited the house.

They hid behind a tree. They saw Ivy and Draco hand-in-hand a few feet away from them. They waited patiently for the moment to occur.

--

Ivy and Draco reached Ivy's favourite part of Narcissa's garden. She would never go inside the house without coming to those plants and admiring them, and Draco knew this.

Ivy bent down to look at the plants, with her back towards Draco. She was telling Draco some information about the plant when she heard him clear his throat. She turned around to see Draco down on one knee. Her hands immediately flew to her mouth as she gasped softly.

Draco cleared his throat and began, "Ivy Victoria Rose, I offer you my hand, my heart and a share of all my possessions. I ask you to pass through life by my side- to be my second self and best earthly companion. You are my equal and my likeness. Ivy, will you marry me?" He opened the tiny velvet box and revealed a beautiful diamond ring.

Tears began to well up in Ivy's eyes. He proposed to her in her favourite place, quoting one of her favourite lines from one of her favourite books.

"You quoted Jane Eyre" Ivy pointed out.

"I just thought it's fitting. Although I do still think it's ridiculous-"

"Completely ruining the moment, Malfoy"

"Right, sorry. So? Will you marry me?"

"Of course, I will"

Draco slipped the ring on Ivy's finger and got up. Ivy threw her arms around him and he hugged her back. They pulled apart and shared a heartfelt kiss.

Before long, they heard cheering from behind them and turned in that direction to see Jade and Blaise celebrating. Blaise and Jade ran to them- quite dramatically- and congratulated both Ivy and Draco.

Hugs were exchanged, tears were wiped, jokes were made and a beautiful moment was formed.

As they were walking back inside the house to share the news with their mothers and to eat, Ivy realised something. She looked at the ring to confirm her suspicion and it was right.

"This is my grandmother's ring" she pointed out. Draco turned his head towards her and nodded.

"I wanted to give you my mum's ring as she insisted. But, yesterday, after I talked to your family, your grandmother demanded I give you, her ring" Ivy hummed and smiled.

Amelia Rose was not one to say things, especially things regarding feelings and emotions. So, she would take action in such matters. And Ivy knew, the ring was an indication of her grandmother's approval of her and Draco's relationship.