Chapter 28

A few weeks had passed since Draco and Ivy had started dating. Their relationship was going better than expected.

They would spend their time reading in the library or studying for their NEWTs, they would go to their spot at the Black Lake and look at the sunset before them.

Ivy would tell Draco about muggle music and art and Draco would listen carefully.

Draco would complain about, well, everything, and Ivy would listen carefully.

They would go out on dates and sometimes double dates with Blaise and Jade.

They would go for lunch with each other's families and would make sure to win them over. Ivy was successful, but Draco was unable to completely make Amelia- Ivy's grandmother- alright with their relationship.

They would argue over some things but would talk about it and sort it out.

Draco started to let his guard down when he was around Ivy. They would challenge each other while studying and would poke fun at each other as well.

Draco was very protective of Ivy and Ivy was very understanding with Draco.

They were each other's best friends, the person they trusted the most and the person they were starting to fall for although they would never admit it.

There were still a few topics regarding their feelings they were not comfortable talking about, but both of them respected that and avoided talking about such things.

"Hey you two, we leave at noon, remember?" Daphne greeted Ivy and Draco as they walked to their common room.

Ivy smiled. "Of course, Daph. Can't wait"

Daphne was seated on her usual seat, the armrest of the chair Theo was sitting in. Ophelia was sitting on the armrest of the other chair, with Imran sitting on it. Pansy was sitting on Archie's lap as they snogged on the couch. Ivy and Draco sat on the couch, far from the snogging couple.

A few minutes later, a sleepy Blaise and Jade joined the group. They groaned at the snogging couple and proceeded to sit on the floor with their legs crossed.

The group chatted for some time and then slowly, the three couples left for their special Valentine's Day dates, leaving Draco, Ivy, Jade and Blaise in the common room.

Ivy reminded Draco they should get ready too which made Blaise groan in disagreement, like a little child. Ivy gave him a questioning look while Draco rolled his eyes at Blaise's tantrum.

"Why, oh, why are you going to Madam Puddifoot's? Why don't you come to the Three Broomsticks with me and Jade? We could have our drinking competition like we do every weekend" Blaise whined and Jade looked at Ivy hopefully.

Ivy laughed in disbelief and began explaining, "Blaise, the drinking competition was once, and you lost, quite badly I might add. Besides, its high time we started acting like a normal couple and do normal couple things"

"Come on Ivy, normal is so boring. So bland. And remember how fun it was to see Blaise all drunk?" Jade whined, just like Blaise.

Ivy scoffed and Draco answered for her. "It was enjoyable, but not more than your existential crisis. Why do you always have an existential crisis when you drink, Williams? Merlin, you two cannot handle your alcohol"

Jade pouted and Blaise gasped dramatically as he put his hand on his chest. Draco rolled his eyes and Ivy let out a giggle.

--

The four couples walked into the very pink and very crowded tea shop. A cheerful woman with a high-pitched voice greeted them and led them to their respective tables.

Ivy and Draco could not hide their repulsion as they passed the couples while they walked to their table.

The couples were holding hands, snogging each other, feeding each other, sitting on each other's laps, baby-talking with each other and everything Ivy and Draco hated about couples.

They walked faster and finally reached their table. It was in a corner next to the window of the shop. The snow and the couples walking through it were visible.

Ivy and Draco sat at their table, which was also very pink. The table had a tiered cake stand placed in the middle of it. It had tiny pastries, finger sandwiches, macarons and some tiny fruits placed on it.

The same cheery woman took their order in her unusually high-pitched tone. She went away after taking their order.

This was Draco and Ivy's first date at a place where normal couples go for dates. Usually, they would go to the Three Broomsticks or sit at the Black Lake or read in the library.

"So, we're finally here, huh?" Ivy asked trying to hide her discomfort. Her question was ignored by Draco, who was too busy making faces at the couple sitting at the table opposite to theirs. Ivy realised he was hating this as much as she was.

She snapped her fingers in front of Draco's face, making him snap back into reality. She laughed, "you want to go join Blaise and Jade?"

"No, no. I am... absolutely... loving this" Draco answered making Ivy laugh out loud.

"Draco, I am hating this as much as you are. All this pink and PDA is blinding me, and I have had enough of this for the rest of the year" Ivy rolled her eyes.

Draco gave out a sigh of relief, "Oh, thank Merlin. And that woman, with the high-pitched voice. All of this reminds me of Umbridge"

"Who?"

"I'll tell you on the way out of this nauseating shop"

Draco got out of his chair and pulled out his hand to Ivy. She looked at him and then graciously accepted his hand. They walked out of the obnoxious, coral store, hand-in-hand, as Draco told Ivy about Dolores Umbridge and his fifth year at Hogwarts.

--

Ivy walked out of the bathroom after changing into her pyjamas to see Draco changed and in the bed, with a book in his hands.

She took in the sight of her very good-looking boyfriend, wearing his lavish pyjamas, sitting in their bed, reading a book. She smiled inwardly and walked to the bed. She laid in the bed, with her head on his lap. Draco gently stroked her hair as he continued to read his book. She shut her eyes as she felt peaceful.

"So, Mr Malfoy" Ivy began. "How was your first Valentine's Day as a person in a relationship?"

Draco chuckled at the question. He closed the book and kept it on the table next to him. "It was... fine"

Ivy hummed in response. Draco was dissatisfied with Ivy's response.

He expected her to protest at the fact that he called their amazing day just fine. A few seconds later, he heard soft snoring and got the answer to his question. Ivy did not protest because she fell asleep.

Merlin, why does this woman fall asleep this quickly? Especially when I am saying something.

A/N

Hi! Not the best chapter, I know, I know. Sorry about that but I tried a few different things and this was the only thing that worked out.

I wanted the chapter to focus more on the way Ivy and Draco have a relationship rather than Valentine's day.

I wanted the chapter to highlight that they do not need to go to a place where 'normal' couples go to or spend their Valentine's day the way people usually do.

They are an unusual couple and they have their dissimilarities, but the one thing they have in common is that they understand one another and do not need to spend their time doing romantic things in order to know they love each other. Especially when they hate the stereotypical couple things.

Their definition of a date is spending time at the Three Broomsticks or at the Black Lake. Not necessarily snogging or even conversing all that much, but just being in the presence of one another.

I just thought I'd clear that up.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day <3