Chapter 19- Part 3

Everyone was in a conversation as they were eating. Nathaniel was asking Draco about himself and Elliot and Amelia were listening to Draco's reply, meanwhile, Ivy and Luke were arguing about something and Cecelia was busy trying to stop them.

This was a new feeling for Draco. He had never had such a heartfelt and enjoyable dinner, that wasn't with his friends at Hogwarts. The familial love that was in the air was not something he was used to.

He looked at Ivy who was laughing. She was always happy and bright but this laughter was different. This one was filled with love and joy. The kind of love and joy that only a family can provide. This was a dinner that Draco actually was having fun at.

Amelia cleared her throat and everyone lowered their voices. The amount of power that a woman holds in every room she goes to is just incredible Draco thought to himself.

"Mister Malfoy, what is this Christmas ball Ivy tells me about?" Amelia asked with a powerful yet gentle tone and an unreadable expression. Draco understood why everyone was intimidated by the woman.

He gathered all his strength and answered, "it is a ball we Malfoys host every year. My mum loves to host such things and she gets Christmas as a reason. She puts everything she has into planning it and I know she would be delighted to have all of you at the Manor as well. I am sure you will have a good time if you come."

"We would be delighted to join. After all, Narcissa Malfoy knows how to host a good event." Cecelia smiled and Draco hummed in agreement. With that, everyone continued their conversations.

"That enough to scare you, Malfoy?" Ivy whispered as she smirked.

"Close, very close. However, it takes more than a few intimidating looks to get me to lose an extraordinary girl." Draco whispered and looked at a flushed Ivy.

"Flattered that easily?" he whispered as he continued to look at Ivy.

"You wish" Ivy replied as she looked at Draco. They both locked eyes and let out a quiet laugh as they broke eye contact to continue eating.

Everyone on the table noticed how both, Ivy and Draco looked at each other. Cecelia and Elliot grinned inwardly as the feeling of satisfaction filled their hearts. Satisfied that their little girl found a boy, who would love and cherish her as much as they wanted her future husband to.

Luke's and Nathaniel's eyes lit up as well. Their smile was filled with pleasure. Pleasured that Ivy had found Draco, someone who would treat her like the princess she was. Someone who would protect her with his life.

Amelia did not smile but kept her unreadable expression plastered on her face and continued to eat her meal.

--

After dinner was over, Cecelia took Ivy and Luke to a different room to scold them about fighting during dinner when they had a guest over. Both of them apologised and agreed to not do it again.

When Ivy returned to the dining room, she saw Amelia sitting where she was and the rest of the chairs empty. Ivy walked over to her grandmother and gave her a questioning look with her hands crossed around her chest.

Amelia furrowed her eyebrows pretending as if she did not know what Ivy was talking about. "Merlin, what did you do now?" Ivy groaned.

"I don't think I understand what you are trying to say, my dear. Would you like some tea?" Amelia replied in a calm tone. Ivy groaned at the response and walked out of the dining room.

--

She was trying to think of all the places her grandfather, father and Draco would be. The only place she could think of was her father's office.

She walked to the room and as she was about to knock on the door, the door opened revealing Draco with a weird expression.

However, Ivy did not care about his expression and immediately wrapped her arms around Draco's neck. She let go the minute she realised what she was doing and backed away from a smirking Draco.

"What was that all about? Not that I'm complaining" Draco smirked.

"I don't know. I was just worried. You weren't at the table when I came back and my grandmother was pretending as if nothing happened. I told you they wouldn't kill you, but I just needed to make sure" Ivy rambled.

Then she saw her father and grandfather come out of the room as well. Before Ivy could say something, Draco announced he was leaving.

Everyone came to the hallway to say goodbye to Draco. Luke and Draco did a handshake or something, Nathaniel patted Draco on his back and whispered something to which Draco smiled and nodded as a reply, Elliot shook hands with Draco and Cecelia placed light kisses on Draco's cheek, while Amelia only gave him a slight nod. Ivy decided to walk out with Draco.