Chapter 33

"Those don't look like lilies to me! Before I have your incompetent arse fired, FIX THEM!" Pansy shrieked at the poor old worker. He scrambled away quickly and was never seen again.

"Pansy, it's okay, I checked the flowers, they're okay. Please try not to make any more men cry" Ivy walked up to Pansy and explained.

"I make no promises. Besides, why are you here instead of getting ready? The wedding is in a few hours, people are going to start coming in. Go get ready and I will check on the groom" Pansy shooed Ivy and then rushed to check on the food.

Before Ivy went away, she looked at the stunningly decorated venue.

The wedding was going to be held in a barn. The barn was beautifully decorated with white curtains and leaf garlands. The fairy LED lights kept the place lit and made it even more beautiful.

The tables were covered with off-white cloths and there were wooden chairs placed before the table. There were flower arrangements placed on the table. The tables were lined with fancy silverware. And there was Aria Zabini who was also screaming at a worker for messing something up.

Ivy gave out a satisfied sigh and went into the changing room to change into her dress and get her hair and makeup done. She entered the room with 'bride' engraved on the door.

"I can't believe this is happening. I am getting married" the bride squealed. She then took a deep breath, calmed herself down and proceeded to get ret ready.

--

Everyone stood up as the string quartet started playing the wedding march. The doors of the barn opened and the bride walked in with her father. Everyone gasped at the beauty of the spectacular bride.

She proceeded to walk down to the aisle and reached the altar. Everyone took their seats and the ceremony began.

"Dearly beloved" Theo, who was the officiant for the wedding began. "We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, and to cherish the words which shall unite Blaise Zabini and Jade Williams in marriage." He went on about marriage and continued the ceremony.

Draco, the best man, was too busy looking at his fiancée who- according to him- looked better than the bride. Ivy was the maid of honour. She was engaged in the ceremony and Jade and Blaise's wedding vows to notice Draco looking at her.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride" Theo said.

"Ooh, finally", Blaise smirked making the audience chuckle. Jade rolled her eyes and they exchanged a kiss. Everyone cheered for the newlyweds as they walked out of the barn.

--

During the reception, Ivy was at the bar with the rest of her friends. They were chatting about the ceremony and how sweet Jade and Blaise's vows were.

Theo and Daphne were the first to get married, followed by Ophelia and Imran and Pansy and Archie eloped. Blaise and Jade were married now, leaving Draco and Ivy the only couple who were not married.

Draco and Ivy decided to get married on Christmas, only a few weeks away. Both of them were equally eager to get married but not as eager as their mothers.

"Uh, ahem, e-excuse m-me?" a quavering voice called from behind Ivy. She turned around to see a little seven-year-old boy biting his nails nervously. She smiled at the sight of the jittery child.

"You, uh- are very pretty. W-would you, uh- would you like to dance?" the boy asked timidly. A chorus of 'aww' was heard from the girls. The little boy pulled out his tiny hand, trying to be confident. Ivy laughed and took his hand. They proceeded to the dance floor and attempted to dance.

"Well, since we are dancing, you might as well tell me your name," Ivy said trying to make conversation.

"Gregory, but my friends call me Greg" the boy answered.

"It is nice to meet you, Gregory, I'm Ivy"

Greg hummed in response. The both of them continued to converse as they attempted to dance.

The song ended and Greg and Ivy said goodbye. Before she could go back to her friends, she was approached by another man. He introduced himself and pulled his hand forward, "may I have this-"

"Piss off, arsehole" a familiar voice interrupted the boy.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, you better mind your language"

Draco took Ivy's hand and shoved past the poor boy. He proceeded to the dance floor and another song started playing. A muggle song. Draco spun Ivy and pulled her closer and began to sway to the tune of the song.

"Wha- Draco, have you been drinking?" Ivy questioned as they continued dancing.

"A little bit", he replied.

"Since when does firewhiskey get you drunk?" she questioned again.

"It doesn't", he replied again.

"Then why are you behaving this way?" Ivy scoffed.

"Like what?"

Ivy scoffed and rolled her eyes. She took her hand off Draco's shoulders and turned to walk away. But, before she could, Draco caught one of her hands and pulled her back to him. He held her right hand and placed her left hand on his shoulder. He then proceeded to slip his hand on her waist.

Ivy clicked her tongue and Draco apologised. Ivy scoffed as a reply and he apologised again. She sighed and rested her head on his shoulder.

"I'll say it, this wedding season is ridiculous", Draco scoffed.

"Tell me about it. I've been a bridesmaid seven times and the maid of honour twice. It is the same every time and I am so tired of holding bouquets and smiling for the camera" Ivy sighed making Draco chuckle.

Ivy realised what she had said and immediately corrected herself. "No, no, not that I don't like weddings. I love them. Two people in love, making their love official and free food, love it. It's just, so many of them are cramped together that you don't get to enjoy any of them"

Draco hummed in agreement.

As they were dancing, they saw Jade and Blaise sitting in the bride and groom's places and giggling about something. Draco and Ivy smiled.

"I want to be the bride", Ivy confessed.

"Three weeks, soon-to-be Mrs Malfoy"

"Three weeks"