Chapter 16- Part 1

"We're here" Draco announced and his voice echoed in the hallway.

The hallway was massive and quite elegantly decorated. A magnificent, emerald green carpet covered the marble floor. There were portraits of the family over generations on the walls of the room. The most recent one was with Draco. He was sitting on a large chair, with his mother to his left and father to his right. And there was Bellatrix Lestrange next to Draco's mother.

As Ivy was observing the dimly lit hallway, she heard footsteps and immediately straightened up. As the footsteps grew closer, Ivy started becoming more and more nervous. She could see Draco tensing up from the corner of her eye. Before she could do something to comfort him, the voice of a woman could be heard.

"Oh, Draco, darling" A tall, slim and really pretty woman- who Ivy could only assume was Draco's mother- walked towards Draco and engulfed him in a tight, motherly hug. Ivy couldn't help but smile at this sight. The woman then turned to Ivy and Draco introduced them.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Malfoy," Ivy said looking at the woman.

"Lovely to meet you dear and please call me Narcissa" Narcissa replied in a sweet yet proud tone. "Please, come in"

They walked towards the door Narcissa just came out of. Only the sound of their shoes clicking could be heard as they walked into the giant dining room.

--

The dining room had a huge ceiling, with two large chandeliers hanging from it. There was a long table in the middle of the room with many chairs around it and a blonde-haired man sat at the head of the table, who got up when he heard footsteps.

"Draco, my boy," the man said as he pulled out his hands and Draco hesitantly hugged the man. He then looked towards Ivy and Draco stated. "This is my father and father this is Ivy Rose".

The blonde-haired man raised his eyebrows when he heard Ivy's name but then went back to his stern expression and thrust his hand forward and said in a smug tone. "Lucius Malfoy. Pleasure to make your acquaintance". Ivy shook his hand and gave the man a polite smile.

"Well, it is time for lunch. Shall we?" Narcissa said as she gestured towards the table and everyone walked towards it. Lucius sat at the head of the table, Narcissa at this right and Draco to his left. And Ivy sat to the left of Draco.

Lucius called the house elves and asked them to serve everyone lunch. The tiny elves hurriedly started serving everyone and earned a few 'thank yous' from Ivy.

--

The sounds of cutlery clanking were the only sound that was being heard until Narcissa finally spoke. "How has school been Draco?"

"The same"

Lucius cleared his throat, which made Draco flinch. Lucius looked over to Ivy and asked. "Miss Rose, why don't you tell us about your family?"

Ivy looked at the smug man, smiled civilly and started. "Um, of course. My grandparents are Amelia and Nathaniel Rose and my parents are Cecelia and Elliot Rose and I have an older brother, Luke."

Her words made Narcissa look up from her food with eyes widened and exchange looks with Lucius. They cleared their throats and continued to eat.

"You are a half-blood, correct?" Lucius asked looking at Ivy, who nodded. She slightly turned her head to look at Draco.

Draco was looking at Lucius with an irritated expression on his face and then turned to Narcissa with the same expression. He looked over to Ivy and gave her an apologetic look and Ivy smiled at him.

--

Lunch ended soon after that conversation. Narcissa was saying something about the law but was rudely interrupted by Lucius- who had been in a staring contest with Draco for a long time- "I think a little father-son bonding time is overdue, so why don't we have a little conversation in my study, Draco?" he asked as he put his hand on Draco's shoulder and Draco flinched but agreed.

Both of them got up and left the room. Narcissa looked at Ivy and smiled at her and asked. "Why don't we go outside while the boys are talking?" Ivy nodded and followed Narcissa out of the Manor.

They walked towards what seemed like a garden and Ivy instantly felt better. She slowed down and observed all the plants. Narcissa looked at her and smiled. "A plant lover, are you?"

"Oh, yes. I adore plants. This is a really beautiful garden you have Mrs- uh- Narcissa" Ivy replied as she bent down to see a plant.

"You are a lot like Cece" Narcissa whispered. Ivy immediately shot her head towards Narcissa and questioned, "you know my mother?"

Narcissa nodded and started, "I was good friends with your mother when we were in Hogwarts, but after I got married, well, we never really spoke after that." The regret and dejection in Narcissa's voice were evident.

"What plant is this?" Ivy pointed to the plant, trying to change the topic. Narcissa answered and Ivy nodded. "It's quite lovely, is it not?" Narcissa asked looking at the plant and Ivy nodded. "It is, all of them are"

"What do you think about this law? I am very interested to know what a student thinks. I mean, we hear everyone giving their opinions about this law, but no one seems to bother to ask the children, the people who are affected by it." Narcissa asked as they started walking over to different plants.

"Well, I understand the ministry's situation, but they could've thought of a better solution" Ivy chucked and Narcissa smiled as well. They continued to talk as they strolled in the garden.

They connected on a lot of things and Ivy remember what Draco had said in life class, and my mum is, well, she is quite similar to you.