Chapter 19- Part 2

An elderly woman was seen walking first alongside an equally senior man. The woman was thin, tall and walking proudly and was poised with a neutral expression whereas the man, who was slightly taller, yet as thin as the woman was walking slightly faster and with a delighted smile plastered on his face. Draco guessed they were Ivy's grandparents.

Behind them came a lady with her hands around a man. The lady was also tall but a little plump, yet poised. The man was tall and slim and he had a well-groomed beard. They both beamed with happiness. And Draco guessed they were Ivy's parents.

All of them were followed by Luke Rose, Ivy's brother. He was also tall and stood proud. He was wearing similar clothes as Draco.

The first person to hug Ivy was her grandfather. They were murmuring something to each other and would not have let go if Ivy's grandmother hadn't cleared her throat.

After everyone had taken a turn to hug Ivy, she finally introduced them to Draco.

"Everybody, this is Draco Malfoy. And this is my grandmother, grandfather, mother, father and you know Luke" Ivy said pointing to everyone. Draco gave everyone a nod as Ivy introduced them.

"Hope Ivy here did not scare you by her rowdy scream, Draco. Is it alright if I call you that?" Ivy's grandfather asked tenderly.

"Of course, sir. And it takes more than a scream to scare me." Draco said with a slight conceit in his voice.

"Oh, I like this one, yes" Ivy's grandfather laughed and Draco gave Ivy a proud smirk and Ivy rolled her eyes.

"You are Narcissa's son, right? How has she been?" Ivy's mother asked Draco who replied, "She, well, she has been better." Ivy's mother nodded in understanding.

"Well, I do not know about you but I would love to eat something. I am famished. Shall we proceed to the dining room, then?" Ivy's father asked and everyone hummed in agreement. 

While everyone was greeting Draco, Amelia- Ivy's grandmother- was standing still with her eyebrow raised and with an unreadable expression.

Everyone started walking to the dining room and Ivy and Draco followed. Luke- Ivy's brother- finally spoke up as he was walking between Draco and Ivy. "Malfoy, long time no see. Got paired up with my baby sister, I see" Draco just nodded as walked with his hands in his pockets. 

"Interesting choice of clothes. Although, I have never seen you out of a suit. What spell did Ivy cast on you?" Luke asked with a smirk on his face. Ivy elbowed Luke and he groaned in pain.

"Speaking of, who did you get partnered up with?" Ivy asked looking towards Luke.

"Nobody. Only people who are in school were assigned, partners. The ministry gave us the same time limit they gave you, except, we get to choose our partners." Luke answered in a smug tone.

"What? That is so unfair. Why were we assigned and you weren't?" Ivy pouted.

"Well, poison Ivy, unlike you, we are not children and we are capable of making good decisions on our own," Luke answered, with a huge grin on his face, enjoying looking at his annoyed sister.

"Is that so? Then how come you haven't made a single decision in your twenty years of life? Oh right, because you are a wittle bawby who still lives with hiws pawents" Ivy mocked in a baby voice. Luke mimicked Ivy. Ivy mimicked Luke mimicking Ivy. And they went on and on until they reached the dining room. Draco was just enjoying the sight of the side of Ivy he had never seen before.

--

The dining room was spacious as well. There was a different pattern of wallpaper on the wall, yet it was equally elegant. The wooden floor was covered with a large, polypropylene rug. Above the rug was a wooden dining table with ten black chairs around it.

Two chandeliers were hanging on the top with an equal distance between them. There were two flower arrangements placed on the table, which had already been set.

Everyone sat down at the table. Nathaniel- Ivy's grandfather- sat at the head of the table with Amelia- Ivy's grandmother- to his right.

Cecelia- Ivy's mother- sat to the right of Amelia and Elliot- Ivy's father- sat to the right of Cecelia. Luke sat to the left of Nathaniel and Ivy next to him, followed by Draco next to Ivy.

As everyone settled down, the house-elves were asked to serve them the food, which they did. Finally, everyone started eating.