Chapter 3- Rule #1

•••Picture of James•••

Jason Pov.

I slowly wake up from my sleepy haze and look at the clock wondering what time it was.  As I look over I realize it's 5:00.  Oh shit I need to make dads dinner.

I get up from bed and think about earlier in the day.  A freaking giant wolf walks up to me and I feel safe. Something is not right. I mean my whole life I have never seen a wolf in the woods or of the sized. But his eyes the beautiful, I could just stare at them for forever.

Wait, why am I complimenting a wolf. Ugh, I am now crazy great...

"JASON!!! Get down here and explain to me why you slamming the stupid door! And why my dinner isn't made!" Blythe yells at me. So I make my way down stairs, knowing that if I delay it will just make the punishment worse.

When I get there I am introduced with a fist to the face. Yah me. He starts punching and kicking me every where making sure not to do my arms or legs.

"I heard from a little birds that someone made a friend at school." Crap, I forgot about that rule.

Rule #1- Never make friends or else you get beat.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to talk to him. He just asked for my name. That's all." I said knowing that he won't care.

"Does it look like I care!" Exactly. Why do I even talk anyways. I don't want to talk everytime I talk I end up getting. Ok, for now on I will never speak again. I hate this world, I don't belong. I am just a pale, skinny emo boy with no life.

After the worst beating I ave ever gotten, I had to clean up my own blood and make him dinner. After watching him eat his food, since I am never allowed to eat, I made my way up stairs. I quickly do my homework not caring if it was right or not. What I want to be educated when I get out of this hell hole. After homework, I cried myself to sleep thinking about my mom.

•••••••••••••••••

*Next Day*

I woke up to cold water being splashed on my body.

"Wake up and make my breakfast. Next time I have to wake you up I am going to beat the living day lights out of you." He said while giving me a few punches. I don't talk because I know I'll get in trouble.

"Awww.. Is the little cry baby not going to talk."

...

"Well good, I never wanted to hear your annoying voice ever again. It was driving me insane."

After he left, I got up and made his breakfast. Then I went up stairs to get dressed. I wonder why he gives me clothes. If I mean nothing to him why does he supply me with everything I need. Probably, to tell outsiders that he "Cares". Yeah, that's it. Well I am where my favorite beanie with black pants and shirt and my converse.

On my way to school I started thinking about the wolf that I saw. I think that it was some kind of, like, mutation. Wow, this is how the most intelligent creatures turn out. Breeding super predators and putting corn in everything we eat. We are on sad race. What ever I won't make it that far into my life. So it doesn't bother me, I don't eat much.

Once I got to school, I was confronted by, the one and only, Jeremy and his gang of jocks. (Forgot to mention his name sorry, but he is the guy who bullies him.)

"Well, well, well. What do we have here." He said with i smirk on his face. He started to beat. Then his friends started to join in. You know, I don't know what I ever did to that guy. He just beats me up for no good reason.

After my second beating of the day, I wal- limped my way to the classroom. I sat down and put my head down, because I started to get dizzy. After a couple minutes of quite, people started to enter. And of course that meant that you know who will be coming. If you don't remember it's the guy who got me almost beat to death last night.

"Hey, Jace."

•••••••••••••••••

Grayson's Pov.

I am so excited to see my beautiful mate. I rush to follow his sent to see him early. When I open the door I see him with his head down. He doesn't look to good. What is that I smell. Is that...Blood! The smell was coming off of my mate. I swear when I find out who made him bleed I will make them suffer so bad that they wished that they were dead.

I push that thought behind to go see what happened. I walk up to him and sit down

"Hey, Jace." I say as happy as I can. When he doesn't respond I get worried, but then he lifts his head up. What I see right now is the worst thing that I could have ever see. Someone had given him a busted lip, with a swollen eye, and bags. What happened to my baby in 24 hours. God I am a horrible mate. I can't even keep my own mate safe in less than 24 hours. Wait, I just created a cute nickname for him. Awww, he's so cute. He then gives me a questioning look because I have a psycho's smile on my face and I just called him Jace

"Is it alright if I call you Jace. It sounds cute on you." When I said that he had this state of fear in his eyes so I started to panic. Then he turned around and ignored me again.

"Why isn't my mate talking?!" Chase said/screamed at me. Which gave me a massive head ache.

"I don't know. So don't freaking banshee scream in my mind. Now I have a headache. Thanks a lot"

"Sorry, I am just furious right now" After that I disconnected with him. So I can concentrate on Jace.

"I was wondering if you wanted to eat lunch with my friends and I. They would love to meet you." I say. Man, I sound whipped and i haven't even had a real conversation with him. Then I see him shake his head "no". What was that about. I mean no one talks to him and I asked who he sits with and everyone said that no one likes him. What did he do that makes people hate him so much. Well that is another thing that I will find out. Great...