Bruce Wayne: I don't love (p2) *Smut*

You knew you couldn't avoid him when you went to work. His birthday party was a disaster...or at least the after party was. You asked him to take you home after the heated moment passed. You claimed it wouldn't be professional or fair for either of you but the truth was that you were already in love with the man. Bruce Wayne for the last couple of years had been your life. You revolved around him and not being loved back would kill you.

You reflected quietly as you made your way to the Wayne Offices. A short stop to get coffee distracted you but it didn't last very long. You were already late to work, an oddity for your record.

You inhaled deeply outside of Bruce's office door before knocking. "Enter." You obeyed silently, your gaze glued to the floor. "Good Morning, Mr. Wayne. I have your coffee–" "Y/N, Look at me." His voice was lowered in a soft way, you knew he had a lot to say. You look up at him and the pounding of your heart sped up double time. "I am sorry, I think I pushed too far." He said, his words sounding memorized. You shook your head, closing the door and locking it before stepping closer to his desk. It took you a few minutes of pacing and his silent staring at you before anything was said out loud.

" I don't want an arrangement. I want the whole thing.  The real thing, not a passing moment. That's... that's the reason I didn't...go farther," You sat down nervously, crossing your legs and  clasping your hands tight to stop the shaking. "I can't l–" He looked at the pain in your face as you mentally prepared to hear the rejection. "You won't even try, Bruce." He had the good sense to look guilty. He pulled gently at his tie as he thought about his wording for once. "With my identity and hobby, you'll be a target always. For criminals and citizens alike, can you handle that? Because I'm not fully sure I can. I've lost too many, too much. You can't be on that list," He growled softly, emotions weighing his voice down. You stood up slowly and approached him, never having seen this kind of emotion from the gruff man. You lowered yourself to your knees, reaching up to touch his stubbled cheek, "Let me worry about that, I've been dealing with paparazzi and crazy fans for as long as I've known you." He sighed in a solemn relief. You held his hands, placing them against your own jaw. He carefully studied your face, picking out all his favorite little features on you. Instinctively, his finger held your chin firmly as he tipped your head up, "If...if anything happens to you..." You smiled softly attempting to reassure the worries in his mind, "Then burn this city down for me."

He smiled softly as a laugh bubbled out of him. He bent downward to place his lips on yours, unsure in nature. This kiss was soft, gentle and promising. It was a promise to try and that's all you could asked for. It wasn't forever but it also wasn't never. You returned the small action with a gentle movement of your own. He pulled away before you could even shift the mood to something more. "Alright, Time to work, Cutie." He chuckled as you rolled your eyes, slightly disappointed. "You're going to make me work still?" You joked softly, as you stood up and rounded the large desk. You unpacked your laptop on your smaller desk on the other side of the office. "Of course, not looking for a trophy wife after all." He snickered quietly knowing you hated the idea of becoming an object to show off. "Yeah, like you're looking for a wife at all." You smiled, getting to work on reading and answering emails. "Touche, My Dear."

Work went by slower than usual, with the tiny glances at each other and the smoldering gentle touches received in secret. So when Bruce Wayne finally had enough, he asked you if you'd eaten dinner.  "Bruce, We've been together all day and you don't know if I've eaten dinner?" You teased him playfully, saving what you were working on. He turned red in the ears before frowning, "I don't know why I like you, you're kinda rude." He growled softly as he checked for anyone in the office. Seeing no one around, he pulled your back to his chest, "Come home with me." You recognize the lyrical reference in the request, "Who are you?" He chuckled softly as he kissed your neck and shoulder as he mumbled the next lyric in to your skin. "I couldn't hear you, my dear Orpheus." You teased, letting a soft breathy sigh out. He shook his head, "So will you? Come eat dinner with us, me and the boys." You smiled softly. He knew the boys were your soft spot, you were quick to spoil them and give them the love they craved. "Are the boys home or are they still on that trip they begged for?" You replied, knowing the answer. "Oh, right. They come home tomorrow morning. Well, still..." He sat on the edge of your desk holding you close to him. "Didn't you want to try? Would you prefer take out or a actual dinner?" He whispered in your ear. "Take out sounds fun but hasn't Alfred cooked?" You respond with a tinge of curiosity in your voice. "He'll pack it as lunch. What do you want, dear?" He sat his chin in the crook of your neck, leaving butterfly kisses along your ear. Even just deciding dinner felt natural between you two, you wondered how often you'd spent pretending you weren't all in for this fickle man. "(Favorite Takeout) sounds good and maybe a glass of wine? I like watching my show on your giant TV." Bruce laughed as he nodded and helped you up gently, "Ralph's?" You nodded finishing packing your bag. The pair of you left the office in hushed voices and light touches.