Brahms Heelshire: Tapping Pt.1

It's been a year according to the lawyer, since the nanny the Heelshire's left their home to ditched. You were contacted, as Mrs. Heelshire's next choice had the nanny not followed the instructions. You remember Mrs. Heelshire and her husband. They were quite fond of your dancing, coming to see you in quite a few of your shows. The truth was that it was always blind dumb luck that got you those roles. You never wanted to be in front of the stage. Creating and finding props was your dream, you just happened to be an amazing tap dancer. It was beat into you by your father...quite literally. One wrong click, and an incorrect arm placement would earn you a lash on your back. Never your legs though, he needed those working. "Y/N, I hurt you so you learn. This is your dream so work for it." It was never your dream, he only wished to recreate your mother. Puberty was the hardest for you, D/N constantly altered your appearance and diets. At 11 am while cinching the corset to smallen your thick waist, he would feed you a cup of porridge and two egg whites. Home schooled by a neurologist and an astrophysicist, you didn't meet kids very often only at dance classes. You never were well liked at the school, any money your mother left you went into your father's obsession, but your teacher always made you feel loved. Mr. Menolski brought you food and cool clothes to wear at the studio. You considered him your father more than D/N. He taught you all that he knew so that you could justify spending 12 hours a day with him. When you started gaining weight, your father became suspicious and would force you to learn more and more of your mother's complex professional routines. The good trade off was that this meant spending more time with Menolski. Eventually, Menolski had the evidence to report your father, and became your guardian soon after. You were grateful for Mr. Menolski when no other adult had listened to your pleas for help.

A honk drove you out of your thoughts as you stood outside the airport. "Miss Menolski?" You smile at hearing the last name, Leon made it official on your 17th birthday. You happily gave up college dorm life to spend a few extra years with your new father. Or fathers, you thought happily, Leon admitted it was his partner who had made the better meals for you. "Yes, that's me. Will the trip be long?" You respond, your accent grabbing the driver's attention. " Oh, are you from (hometown)? And it should be about 3 hours drive." You nod softly acknowledging the driver's words. "Yes, I am. Have you been?" "Only to visit, ma'am. My name is Freddric." He closes your door after helping you in and gets in his own seat. The drive wasn't irritating or awkward, you felt at ease about it. The driver, Freddric, was good at social cues, knowing when to let the silence flow and speaking when needed. You learn he has a wife from Ireland and that they've been trying to have a baby. You tell him about being adopted and how that's an option if they decided to go a different route to starting a family. Overall time flew by with ease and you exchanged (a social media)s . He seemed like a wonderful man who'd be a good father.

"Miss Y/N, we are here." Freddric helped bring your bags all the way to the door. "Thank you, Freddric." You smiled politely as you shake his hand. "This is where we part ways, ma'am, I enjoyed driving you. And thank you for the option ideas." You watched him walk to the car and drive off.

The lawyer had said the everything was kept on and running, the Heelshire's set aside a ton of money for everything to continue running and groceries were delivered every week. Some how, when speaking to the grocery company, everytime a delivery is made the food the week before is gone. You assumed maybe there was someone who cleaned up and they removed the bad food.
You went up the stairs and felt drawn to a white door. Upon opening it, your eyes were met with a little boy's room. The bed was a king size mattress, dressed with a rich blue. The only thing breaking the color were tiny white stars scattered like the night sky. The walls were that rich blue as well, vertical stripes of a lighter blue complimenting it. You smile softly, you'd heard about the son once or twice, tragic but to keep updating his room as if he were growing is a sweet thing to do. As if on cue, your eyes fell to the white rocking chair where Brahms the doll sat. You picked Brahms up and smiled sadly noticing the cracks and breaks in his face. "I'm sorry she treated you like this Brahms. Know that I was once like you, treated like an object and a goal. We are better than that right?" You heard a small tap and turned around casually. Could..Brahms be..a...no No way. You make your way to the room next door with carry the doll with you into the next room over claiming it as yours. You unpack your clothes after going over the rules lefts to you. You were quite grateful for the lawyer's thought of printing them for you. They were very straightforward and they revolved around taking care of the house and doll.
You took your time showering off the grime of travelling and nourishing your body. You then gave Brahms a small bath, wiping dust and dirt off. "All clean, bubby. Shall we have dinner and watch something?" You make your way down to the kitchen . A crashing sound came from the other side of the door. You hesitate a bit before going in. "Excuse me? But if anyone is squatting in this house, please either show yourself or leave immediately." You shout from the open doorway.
You turned to the table to see a recipe for lasgana open. "Hm, sure why not." You follow each step as carefully as you can. After taking the dish out of the oven, you let it cool while finding a movie on Netflix on your laptop.
You set Brahms the doll on the chair in your room and set a plate beside him. Your movie night with the porcelain boy was oddly comforting. You fell asleep on your bed with Brahms in your arms after giving him a goodnight kiss.