Take it Easy- Hagrid

I sigh as I watch my giant pace back and forth. "These kids! They dun listen. Why do they have to just bugger off ?" I chuckled softly and put my hands on his waist. I slide them around hugging him from behind. "They're kids, teenagers. They're free, adults weigh them down. Especially if they're all Gryffindor." He huffs unhappy with the truth. "I kno' but...I worry." Hagrid grumbles as he sits in his chair pulling me in his lap. He buries his face in my (h/c) hair and  sighs. "They'll be fine, have faith, my love. Meanwhile, we should work on that promise." I say softly in his chest. "What promise?" "The special camping." His face twisted and then recognition shone in his expression. "Of Course, lass, but right now may not--" I place my finger against his lips to stop his rumbling words. "I think we could at least camp inside the house." He thought for a moment, "why not? I'll set up the living room, love." I smile as I gather the things around the house to mimic camping and make it romantic. I even had time to make a quick stew.

"Y/N? Lass?"
"Yes Rube?" I called out stirring the stew and as the bread toasted. "Ave got the tent up now." I felt large hands slide down my sides and around my waist. I had never really understood why anyone would love my body in particular. I was (body size), not that this size didn't look good on some people. It does but it just didn't work on me. Rubeus, he thinks otherwise, says it's just perfect for a beast like him. Now, of course, I don't see him as a beast but as a large, gentle, and caring man who takes care of those he loves. Sure, He was already a professor when we first met. I, visiting as a guest professor, took the risk of sneaking into his hut secretly. And 6 year later, here we are, married and happy. "What ye thinkin' on?" He grumbled into my neck as he kissed it. "You thought about visiting Grawp lately?" I said softly as I leaned in to the 8 foot 6 inche man. "Ye wanna see yer little brother in law?" I nodded softly, holding his hands in place, "I know he misses you, Rube. You're his only family." Rubeus nodded slightly kissing the top of my head. "We can visit him in a few days." I could see it in his eyes, he missed his brother dearly. After the battle, life never felt the same. Hogwarts continued on rebuilding itself, reestablishing traditions and the hierarchy. New kids came September 1st, were sorted and kids who were in the battle grieved for the friends and family they'd lost. Most of all, Grawp left us. Everything's changed but still it's the same. "Lass? Y/N?" Hagrid gruffly but gently tugged on my arm. "Ya thinkin' real hard, hon." I nod slowly and smile up at him sweetly. "Mmm, Rubeus Hagrid, I think it's time for us to just take it easy."

"Me too lass."

AN: hello you beautiful pieces of trash. I know this one was short but I've not gotten many requests on here. Moreso on AO3, FanFic and  Insta. But hey that's okay too! But there's a request section. Please leave them there. Also, even if I don't know the character, I will do heavy research so don't be afraid to put down an obscure person. Love ya litterbugs