Lucifer: I don't wanna be yours.

I sat casually in the large comfortable chair. I hum along to the music, I look at the camera as it flashes. I pick up one of the centipedes that litter my body. I study it ignoring the flashing camera. "That's roll!" The photographer called out to everyone. "Thank you so much, Y/N, I know you don't do this." I gave a half smile before handing over the centipede after the handler took the rest off. "Yeah, sure." I said in a monotone voice as I stood. "Alright dude, I'm ready to get out of this plastic." He nodded and directed me to a changing room. I sighed as I took the outfit off.

" You know you could be successful," The voice in the mirror said. " I don't wanna be yours. " I said softly, I blink slowly looking up at my warped reflection. "I love you most when you're crying." I snort unimpressed, "I love you is a promise, and you don't keep those." The reflection smiled sinisterly as it propped it's head on it's... My... It's hands. "You could get anything you want." "I don't wanna be yours." The reflection warped into Lucifer's image finally. "Let me go, Y/N," he asked softly. "I don't know how to. If I knew it back then... " I shivered as I threw on my jacket. "Let's go home, Morningstar." He disappeared from the mirror and I grabbed my bag. As I walked out the room, I waved goodbye to the crew and thank them for adjusting so quickly. Rodriguez, the photographer, paid me despite my argument against it. "You're an angel." He said to me as a knock on the doorframe occured. "That she is," Lucifer purred as he slinked his 6'6 frame into the room. "You ready to go, Doll?" I rolled my eyes, "Stop calling me that." He just chuckled at me and lifted his sunglasses to reveal his bright red eyes. "Thanks again, Guys. Keep up the good work." I called out to everyone gathering my stuff. Most people weren't paying attention any longer, all eyes were on Lucifer. I sighed and walked out the door with the damned Devil following behind. "Aren't you like powerful enough to break this bond without me? " He chuckled and opened the car door for me. I stepped in the wildly expensive sports car.

"No."

I looked at him curiously, awaiting an explanation. "Uhm, huh?" I asked quietly as I fastened my seatbelt. "It's not often dear ol' Dad gives us human mates. He made sure we couldn't get out of it. Then you went and entrapped me using a fucking children's game. " The car swerved out of the parking spot and sped off down the road. I watched him swipe his hair back out of frustration. "Would it hurt ... Give this a try?" He snorted, "Make this a good lie, huh? Not gonna happen." I shut my mouth and looked out the window. "I'll only hurt you if you let me. Let me let you go," he whispered. I held tears back, I felt like I'd fall apart if I looked at him. It wasn't long before we were back at his place, he refused to let me keep my sketchy apartment. I grabbed my stuff and went directly to my room. The moment I heard the lock click in place I sank to the ground. I hummed the song I'd been hearing in my head all day.

-flashback-

"Lucifer?" The static of the TV filled the room, soft new casting echoed behind it.
"Hey, You okay?"
"Y/N. I don't want to... " I stepped into the dark room to see a broken Lucifer as his eyes blacked with tears. Maybe I was seeing things, "It's not true, He lied to me!"
"Crying... Isn't something you... Do." I whispered as I stepped closer. " Maybe he'll take it back." I knelt down, "take what back?"
"I love you. I don't want it to be you. " He blurted, the words seemed to burn his throat as he spoke. His skin usually pristine and smooth was darkened and broken up with veins that looked like fire. "I love you and I don't want to! Weak, useless, pathetic. You can't even reach out for the thing you want most and it infuriates me! I love you and I hate it." I backed away as he roared at me. What could I do? What could I say other than what I did?

"I love you."

He looked up finally as I ran out of the room.

-present day-

I jumped when there was a knock at the door. "Hey, Y/N, are you okay?" I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm fine, just tired and want to get to my book," I said trying to put my story into my tone.

I heard a tsk and looked at my vainty to see Lucifer sitting there. "Liar," he scolded before standing and making his way to me. "It's something I've done isn't it?" I nodded knowing I couldn't lie to his face.
"Tell ol' Beelzebub what he's done wrong?"
" I don't want it to be you... That's what you told me. I'm weak and pathetic, a human. Useless. It angers you. You hate that you love me. " I said, my voice raising with every negative word. " YOU'VE MADE ME LOVE YOU ONLY TO WATCH ME BURN. I LOVE YOU AND I HOPE YOU FINALLY FEEL SOME HEAT CAUSE I WANT YOUR HEART TO BURN! I DON'T WANNA BE YOURS!" I huffed out of breath and angry with him.

I watched as his eye fill with red, "By the fires, Y/N, that.... was sexy. That's what I wanted, a reaction. I wanted to make you my art, Passionate, reactive, and just ... " He groans as he walks towards me. I stick my hand out stopping him, "I'm not a toy. I don't want to play your games." His eyes return and he studies my face before wiping tears off. "I'm not sorry, my nature hurts but those words... Never mattered. No more games, I promise. I love you, even if I don't want to." I take a step back," I'm sorry, could you leave? I need time. " He lowered his hand and nodded disappearing into black smoke.

I sighed, "Why do I want to be yours?" I laid down in my bed with tears in my eyes.

AN: This really was a rollercoaster. Idk what inspired this but it needed to be written. I feel relieved.