Hanzo Shimada: Image is Everything

**Gore, Torture and more**

Hanzo paced back and forth, his skilled fingers running over his facial hair. He'd long let go of the clan, been forgiven by Genji and joined Overwatch (which was once again official) so why did he still worry about his image from time to time? Perhaps it was a habit from traditions but something told him otherwise.  A groan took Hanzo out of thought, an action which irritated him. "You are ready to talk, yes?" The man tied to a chair looked up slowly at Hanzo, he seemed to weigh the options before spitting at the Japanese Dragon wielder. "Guess not. Jesse? What's the plan?" Hanzo spoke out to the three people on the other side of the window mirror.

"What d'ya think, Boss?"
"He talks or he stays in that chair."
"Right." Jesse pushed the comm button, "Make em sing, Amigo."

I sighed softly to myself, causing Jesse to have turned to me. "What's wrong, honeybee?" I smiled softly at the nickname,"I have a job here yet you let... him... do my job." 76 scowled for a moment, "You've been teaching him, correct?" I nodded, it's true I have but he's not ready, he's too efficient at killing to understand making answers out of pain and emotion. Too much, the informant will lie but too little and we get nothing. "Use this as a test to see his progress." I nodded, what else could I do? I watched Hanzo pummel the man with his fist in too soft of areas. "He's going to kill him if he doesn't back off." I whispered, I press my comm.

"Shimada, you need to move areas. Too soft of an area, internal bleeding will kill him. Also repeat the question and give him time to answer." 

"Copy, Thank you, Y/L/N. "

Hanzo followed the orders, we got an answer from the man but from his body language it was a lie. Hanzo looked at the mirror window. I pressed my comm again, "lie." Hanzo uppercuts the man, "Liar." The man trembles blood cascading  from his face. I sighed looking at 76 expectantly. "Go ahead, play Good to his bad." I smiled, skipping through the door.
"I'm coming in, Shimada."
"Copy."

"H-help m-me. P-p-please." The man begged of me, his body was clearly bruising and beaten. Red, blue and the barest yellow littered his stomach and face, knuckles prints gouged in to the skin. "I will, I will but you know, I need some answers, Sean."

Hanzo watched the agent clean the man and ask her questions. It was her, he worried how his image looked to her. His newest teacher, friend and colleague was his audience and he so desperately needed to look good.

"The were tracking a civilian truck with food in it." The man spoke quickly wanting the cup of water. I tilted it towards his mouth for a drink. " I see, did they catch up with it here? What's their next move?" The man finished drinking, "They were going to send scouts. Oh God please don't send me back. I just do paperwork, file the reports and log missions." I smiled gently at him. " Of course we won't as long as you are of use to us. Now, Talon puts trackers in all of their agents. Where's yours?" The man smiles hopefully, "Two actually, since I know big names. Back left molar and the other is in my right forearm. Will you remove them? " I nodded and pressed my comm. " Will you send for a doctor? Bring anesthesia." The man looked relieved and smiled as much as he could. " Thank you, most of us were forced to work. But my wife and daughter have died so there's no reason to stay. " I nodded. " We will take our leave, Sean, someone will bring you food. " He shed a few years silently nodding as Hanzo and I take our leave.

"How do you do it?"
I look at Hanzo, and remind myself that he is emotionally unavailable and a traditionalist. He was so damn handsome when I met him and has only grown tenfold.
"Do what, Shimada?"
"Understand people?"
"Most of the time, I don't. I just know that some people want to be heard and I hear them. But sometimes they don't and I have to pull at their wall. I chip at it, brick by brick, Hanzo." I mumbled my little spiel as we walked to the garden.

We sat in silence watching the leaves blow past. "Say it again." Hanzo's voice was soft and pleading, " My name, say it again. " I scrunched my brows in confusion before looking up at the Japanese man. "Hanzo Shimada, my... Friend... Hanzo." He smirked softly and took my hand in his.
"Jesse is your friend, Mei is your best friend, and Roadhog is your friend. I, dear Y/N, am not your friend. " My breath caught in my chest, unsure of what to say. " Hanzo.. " he looked at me from the side. " Then what are you?" He stood suddenly, pulling me up with him. He releases a dragon, then a second as I stood with him. The dragons danced around each other and we watched.

"They were... Tired. Restless. As for what I am, I will be the one who protects you, the one who claims you, and the one who loves you. All in due time." He chuckled once before whistling to the dragons. They disappeared without a trace but not before pushing me slightly closer to their wielder. " It's there, Y/N. I'm just a bit slow to the jump as Genji says." He reached out for me and I met him close.  He wrapped his hand around my own. I nodded unbelievably, shocked by what I was hearing, what I was feeling. "Was I too forward? Genji thinks I should be direct." I shake my head, "I just need clarification. You like me? "
" Yes. "
" You need to take it slow? "
" Yes. "
" You want to claim me? "
" Among other things, yes. "
" Okay. "
" Okay? "
" Yes. To all of it. "
Hanzo scooped me up and spun me around. "Perfect, Shall we plan a date? What would you like to do?Money is of no value to me if it comes to you."  I smiled softly, almost too shy to ask. " Can we go get Japanese street food? " Hanzo stared at me with half a smile and half confusion. "That's all?" I nodded excited for street food. He bursted out laughing, something I never considered he could do. He smiled at me, " You're perfect."

A/N: I know it's a little different and he's a little out of character but I just am running in to creative walls head first.