Snape: Pet Me

I looked up from my writing, quill twirling between my fingers. Snape's eyes look deadly over the class, I'd avoided this class for so long. His eyes landed on me and his scowl softens as he gives me a look over. I bite my lip and go back to doing my assignment. I don't think about it when I write a heart next to my name. "Y/N, if you're done, he said we can leave early." My friend says excitedly. "I'm not even close to done sorry." I lied so quickly, I was completely done with the assignment. I excelled in this class but I always stay in the class as long as I could. It was the last class of the day so I always studied with Snape.

I watched as the class left one by one until I was left day dreaming. "L/N." I look up and smile dumbly, "Yes, Professor." "This isn't Magical Fine Art." I look down to see my sketch of Snape. Nothing inappropriate just extremely realistic and casual. "Heh, I'm not enrolled in that class either, Professor. It's just disencouraging to the first and second years for me to be done before them. Besides time never matters to you. Simply quality." My American accent is harsh on most Brits' ears. "I was under the impression that American schools were... incompetent in education." His voice was smooth, relaxing and yet entralling. "Sometimes, it's the right professor." I handed him my assignment and smiled as I stood up gathering my things.

"I'd like you to become my student TA next semester, for the first years. You've showed tremendous talent this semester and believe you could assist me well." For the first time ever in front of me, his lips turned upward in a small smile. "I would enjoy that. Do you need any help or anything else now? I could help grade papers." He seems to think for a bit and nods, "We have to eat dinner first but then I usually grade in  my living quarters. Is that acceptable?" I nod casually, my stomach suddenly procuring butterflies. "Of course. Is it in typical Slytherin area?" I asked. "Actually in the basement near the Hufflepuff common room." I gasped, "How have I never noticed?" "Your nose is always in a book." I nod successfully hiding my shyness. "I'll signal you to leave. Now let's go see what's for dinner."

Walking with Snape was quite nerve-racking to say the least. The way student moved aside for him and whispered about me. "Pay them no mind, they always wish for some bit of gossip." He whispered to me, opening the large double doors to the Great Hall for me. "Get to your seat," he says louder and more annoyed. I scramble to my normal spot at the Hufflepuff table closer to the professor and Headmaster.

Roasted chicken or Netted Ham with mashed potatoes gravy and roasted cauliflower was on the menu with a drink of our choice. I chose an Arnold Palmer with extra Sweet Iced tea and tart lemonade. I got the normal chorus of ewww as I picked Ham and grabbed a sweet roll. I make a trash sandwich as a way to consume this dry dinner. (AN: It's mashed potatoes with whatever veggie a bit of jam or cranberry sauce and meat choice usually ham for me all on a sweet dinner roll. Weird Midwest thing.) It's not really my favorite thing in the world but Hogwarts' menu for a magical school was very bland and repetitive. I efficiently consumed my meal taking extra mashed potatoes and gravy.

I know I was being judge by the Slytherin girls across the way but I ignored them. "What a fucking pig. The old Muggle-born can't even eat her food separately." They giggled loudly, I glanced at Snape but he was passively watching to see if I'd stand up for myself. "Look at me I'm American I'm so much older than Y'all. Yeehaw. Didn't get into Ilverhorny so the slut came over here." I rolled my eyes, "You know American Nudity Standards are stricter than the UK's?" I gasp and cover my mouth, "Of course not, you Snake sluts have never left the backwards Magical world." "Oooh, the badger's biting back this time girls." One of the girls said cackling. "You think Snape's cold icicle gave her some confidence?" "Deleane." "Oh damn me." The leader, Deleane, turned her head to look up at Dumbledore and Snape. "25 points from Slytherin and you three will follow me to my office," Dumbledore said calmly as he walked out. The girls followed him solemnly after glaring at me.

Snape approached me and nodded towards the door. "If you still wish to grade, follow me. I understand otherwise." I shook my head quickly, "I'm ready to go anyways." I follow him out and down to the basement. "So, Y/N, Snake Sluts huh?" I choke softly on my surprise, "I just...it was..." "Funny, I believe you're looking for the word funny or perhaps humourous." We enter his living quarters it was dark but not in a creepy way.

He set the bag of papers on a table with quills and parchment scattered around it. He disappears into a room and returns without his robes and tie. His black dress shirt unbuttoned midchest and the cuffs rolled up to his elbows. "You may take off your robes, it'll take a while. If you need a break, just let me know, Dear." I nearly crumbled as I turned around and removed my accessories. I sat at the table and he handed me a quill and set a well of red ink between us. "Here is the answer key, if you have yours pass it to me." He hands me a heavy ass stack to me and the answer key. "Sir," he looks at my confused face and snorts. "All of my first and second year classes took the same pop quiz. So you have about 3.5 classes there." I giggle nervously and begun the grading process.

Every once in a while I was confused about handwriting or an answer so I asked him to take over and we traded papers. "Break time, my dear, would you like something to drink?" I looked confused, "I'm y/a." "We are in Scotland, Y/N.  In addition, we are in the wizarding world." I nodded, "Uhm water with ice if you have any." He chuckled darkly and mumbled, "I have an icicle for sure." I pretended to not hear, "What was that, Sir?" He turned around with the drinks, "Nothing." He set the water on a coaster in front of me. He sipped on a whiskey on ice. "Tell me, Professor, have you ever done the thing on me?"

Snape choked slightly on his whiskey and looked at me bewildered as he coughed. "Excuse me?" I chuckled and waved my hand bringing a napkin over. "Legilimency. Have you ever done it to me? You are a Legilimen, aren't ya?" He corrected himself gathering his wits. "Yes I am, but I've never...I would never...invade your mind like that. Not to you." I smiled but tried to remain casual. "Thank you, Professor." "Just now, you did.." "Wandless magick. Yes, I've always done wandless magick. I'm Muggle-born and chose to stay in the muggle world. It's why I'm so much older than the other students." He nodded listening to me talk about the times a muggle nearly caught on to me. "You are quite the girl." I smile brightly at him before I give a shyer one. "Wish my appearance matched that." "It definitely does, Y/N. Shall we return to grading?" I nod as I take in the joy of his compliment.

We begin again on the papers. Our chairs have gotten closer as we read over each other's notes. I close my eyes for a few seconds. "Y/N." Hmm? "Y/N, Dear." "Mmm a few more minutes, Hun." "Hun? Y/N. It's late." My eyes pop open, "Oh, I'm so sorry. I just meant to rest my eyes." He chuckled. "You can spend the night here since it's the weekend anyhow. I'll find you something to sleep in." Before I could answer, he stood up and left into the room from before. "I have this super comfy t-shirt  and some exercise shorts." He hands them to me and helps me stand. "Bathroom is through the room on the right."

I nodded and followed the directions not paying attention to the bedroom. I changed and removed my mascara before returning. "Comfortable?" I nod sleepily just now noticing he was in an athletic tank and pajama pants. "I finished the rest of the paper while you dozed. We can go ahead and get some rest. You can take the bed and I'll sleep out here." I shook my head, "No, I'm not going to take your bed over. You sleep in it." I said as I sat on the couch. "We both can sleep in it if we build a wall of pillows." I shrugged my brain not working properly. "Works for me." He guided me to the bed and I crawled in. He built the wall as promised and got in as well. "Goodnight, Y/N." "Night, Severus." I heard his breath hitch and a soft groan, I think. "I like that, little one."