Stillness Pt. 1 (Vampire OC Philodos )

They say New York City was restless, that it was always moving; They say the city never sleeps. But there were small coves among the well known buildings that demanded routine rest. In one of those coves, it was almost unnaturally quiet. No whispers of people or creatures polluted the air. The usual skittering of rodents and whooshes of cars were missing in the dimlit streets. You could just barely imagine seeing the bright lit stars but pollution still reigned the sky, no matter how calm the land below it was.

On the corner of a dead end, snuggled tightly in-between an electronics pawnshop and a crosswalk sat a florescent diner. One could decipher the previous name if they squinted at the peeling paint on it's sign, but the block lettering that sat currently read, The Right Bite. A bit on the nose to those who knew what the darkness held but clever nonetheless. Inside music played softly, someone DJed a mix of alternative music, classic rock, and dark romantic classical. A few patrons were scattered along the single service counter while groups of two or more littered the booths.

"There's your two egg splatters with Hash, Honey." The tall pale skinned blond behind the serving window called out to me. I gave him a sickeningly sweet smile as I one handedly picked the tray up, "Thank you, Bone. Don't forget that pickle jam on table 8's burger." I watched his eyes close slowly before popping back open shyly, "Nearly did, thanks." I twirled softly to grab a coffee pot with my free hand.

As I passed by the nightly coffee drinkers at the counter, I refilled them with a silent smile. Approaching the newcomer, I put on a shy look before sliding the plate in front of him, "Egg with hash and sausage. Anything you need with that, Sir?" He silently shook his head as I studied him. He hid his face mostly but I recognized the slight glimmering of Blush of Life.

"You're not gonna taste it the way you used to," I softly whispered, hoping no one could hear. His eyes widened as he looked up at me, "I've no clue what you speak of." I gave him a small knowing smile before tapping my teeth where fangs would be had I been one of them. I shrugged as I watched his figure sag with defeat, "Not a big deal, this is a pretty well known spot. I can get this remade with 'tomatoes' no problem. That okay?" He nodded, staring at me confused, "That would be...I would appreciate that." I picked the plate back up and disappeared into the kitchen throwing the plate into the microwave for myself later. "Bone, Can you remake that Egg Splatter order heavy on the splatter?" I made eye contact with the vampire so that he would understand. He nodded before his jaw ticked, "Yup, Gotcha. That's your last table's order by the way." I gave him a smile and a wink as I picked up that table 8 order.

I took it to the table, slightly distracted by the thought of going home. "Excuse me, are you listening to me? That's not my order." The brunette woman hissed at me. She was pretty in a men's trophy kind of way. Very Pick Me, Mister vibes from the way she used her body to block the ugly ass man who was with her. "I apologize, what was your order?" She sneered at me before spitting out an insult, "I watched your dumbass write it down, Don't you know how to read?" I gave her a polite smile as I flipped in my notebook finding her order.

"Fang and Famish Salad, light vinaigrette with no pecans, eggs, grapes, or tomatoes. Grilled Chicken and a side of thousand island."

She crossed her arms, "Exactly, so what is this?" I look down at the salad that mostly was just lettuce, cheese, and chicken. "That's the correct order, ma'am. You removed the pecans, eggs, grapes and tomatoes." The man finally looked at the salad, "Kelsie, eat what you ordered. Thank you, ma'am, it's alright." I nodded as I walked away from the table.

As I returned into the kitchen, I noticed Ashley was already starting up her shift. "What was taking you so long?" She was adding straws to her apron pocket of the uniform. "Some lady didn't realize she took everything healthy off her salad." Ashley chuckled as she activated her Blush of Life. She was not only my co-worker but my best friend ever.