Young Saint Nick: Santa x Reader

I finished the last name of the kids in town. Orphanage census records were my favorite time, visiting the children and getting to know them made me extremely happy. "And I turn around and there you go," I sang to the kids as they clapped to the beat. I pinched Thomas' small nose, "As red as strawberries in the summertime." I end the song as I wrapped the list with twine. "Billy can you put this in my bag and then we can take down toy requests. How's that sound?" The kids cheered excitedly as they race to the tables and sat. I volunteer my time teaching the orphanage to read and write and the older kids learn math and calligraphy. They couldn't afford to send these kids to school, so I and a friend of mine, Nick Claus, became their school. "Have you all practiced your letters?" The younger kids nodded and I poured small bowls of ink for the kids. Last year Nick gifted everyone their very own quills. "Everyone write," I write on a chalkboard, "Dear Mr. Nick." The children begin slowly shakily writing their request. "You guys finish your letter homework?" I ask the older teenagers. They wrote letters to job opportunities or friends in town or to Nick about repairs. The ones who'd finished handed me their envelopes. "Good job guys. I'm a proud mama to you guys." Most of them smiled shyly at me and I winked at them as they went about their maths.

A knock at the class door startled some of the kids. I opened the door to Nick in a ridiculous red overcoat with fur trim. "You're late and bright." He just gave me a lopsided grin as he kissed my cheek. "And you're gorgeous, Y/N." A teen girl in the back giggled and I rolled my eyes. "Hope you finished your maths, Melinda." She tinged redder than Nick's overcoat. Nick's hefty laughter echoed throughout the room and brightened the kids. "Are they writing their requests?" Nick whispered and I responded with a nod. We worked efficiently with each other offering help to the kids. Soon it was time to finish up the lessons. I hugged and said goodbye to each child, reminding them I loved them. Nick helped me with my winter cape and smiled. "Would you like to join me for supper?" I asked Nick. "Of course, what is the meal for tonight?" "Potatoes, peas and carrots, and roast." I responded softly as a gathered my bags. Nick rubbed his flat stomach, a miracle to me with his appetite. "And Dessert?" "Cookies." He clapped happily, taking a bag from me.

Nick wiped his mouth, "Delicious, Y/N, you're so talented." I looked up surprised to find Nick had moved closer. He took my hand in his, "I haven't had the courage but I fear it's now or never." I shake my head confused, "Nicholas, is something wrong?" He smiles at me with that lopsided grin again. "I'm ashamed to say I've never done this, never felt so sick. I get the sweats, my throat dries up, I shake, my legs get weaker and my heart is racing so fast it may stop." I put my hand up to his forehead. "Nicholas Claus this better not be a joke played on me." He shakes his head, "I'm love sick, my dear, I'm in love with you. Tell me you'll allow me to woo you." I was stunned to silence, my hand still on his face. I search his eyes for a hint of this being a joke. While that jolly glint was in there so was the admiration for me. "I love you, Mr. Claus. I had accepted that I would be an old woman alone for you were too jolly to have a love hold you down." He hopped up excitedly and leaned down to kiss me. "You won't regret this!" "I hope not." He kissed me once again holding me close. "Merry Christmas, HoHoHo," Nick laughed heartily. "Merry Christmas."

AN: Merry Christmas Everyone. Hope you enjoyed this tiny one shot. I was a little late but I really wanted to get this out.