𝑂𝑛𝑒

Aurelia Lavour

Aurelia Lavour. A muggle-born whose parents were killed by Voldemort, just like all the other parents of muggle-borns and all the other half-bloods.

After Voldemort won the war, nothing was the same anymore. Muggle-borns were held captive until they were sent to a pureblood household to live as servants. Half-bloods were usually killed directly because there was no use for them. Voldemort thought their blood was too good to be enslaved but too bad to live like purebloods. The Purebloods were on the top. Most of them were Death Eaters and those who weren't were imprisoned until they finally agreed to get the Dark Mark.

Aurelia currently was in some small cell, just like the other muggle-borns. It was cold, wet and it smelled decayed. She was afraid, not about the fact that she was held captive against her will, but about the world outside of this dungeon. After all, one thing she knew, everything was better than the dark cell.

She wasn't very tall at all, 5'2 to be exact. Aurelia was also stuttering, shy, innocent, and scared of a lot of things. Already in Hogwarts, she was bullied because of it. She was the perfect victim, which didn't change.

At the age of 19, the girl actually had her whole life ahead of her, but she probably didn't even know her own name anymore, let alone her age. Aurelia had also completely lost her sense of time.

It was another day in Aurelia's life. She hadn't slept in days and hadn't been given anything to eat for a week. By now, you could already see her bones through the thin linen cloth she was wearing. Her face was dirty, and her hair was greasy. The last time she was allowed to take a shower was three months ago.

She slowly sat up, every part of her body hurt.

Aurelia used to be happy and was always there for others. Now she was just a pile of misery, insecure and ashamed to be the person she was.

She started to count the bricks in the wall again, they were quite small. That was the only thing she did all day, by now she was already at 12,324 bricks.

Just like every other night, one of the Death Eaters came to Aurelia to remind her where she belonged. The poor muggle-born slowly looked up and saw that it wasn't some man like always, it was Pansy Parkinson. Aurelia knew her from Hogwarts, Pansy's friends always made fun of her, but Pansy never even insulted her.

"You need to eat something," Pansy told her quietly, handing her a plate full of fruits, "It's not much, I know, but it was the only thing I could find."

Aurelia grabbed an apple and looked at it closely. Why would a Death Eater like Pansy be nice to her, surely not out of pity.

"It's not poisoned, don't worry. I am here to tell you that you will be sent to the Malfoy Manor tomorrow morning." Pansy said, looking at Aurelia briefly, almost worried. She sighed and walked out of the cell before she locked the door again.

"Malfoy? As in Draco Malfoy?" Aurelia thought and let go of her apple immediately.

Draco Malfoy was three years older than Aurelia and always made fun of her during their years at Hogwarts. She almost killed herself because of his comments.

She would be his slave from tomorrow morning, and there was nothing she could do about it.

-

Another night passed without Aurelia having slept for even a minute. She had to think all night about what it would be like to serve a Pureblood family. She also had to think of Draco. Did he already have children? Does he represent Voldemort's opinion on Muggle-borns? Was he married like the other Purebloods?

When Aurelia heard someone enter her cell, she didn't even bother to look at who it was. The Death Eater pulled her up roughly by the arm and took her to the small washroom she last saw three months ago.

"You have ten minutes." The male-sounding voice growled and walked out, locking the door behind him.

The girl looked around. Everything was like last time. The cold stone floor and the dark brick walls. In the left corner was a small shower, in the right a sink, and on the wall a dirty mirror. There was a toilet as well, but it was soiled and disgusting. Aurelia wondered when they cleaned it the last time.

She shook off the thought and took off her linen cloth before slowly getting into the shower. Aurelia turned up the water only to feel that it was cold as ice.

She washed her body as fast as she could, came out of the shower, and wrapped the rough towel around her, which previously hung over the sink. After that, she looked in the mirror, barely able to see herself.

She sighed, "U-u-ugly," she stuttered and put on her linen cloth again.

A few seconds later, the man from before came back in and brought Aurelia fresh clothes, "Dress, I'll be right back," he said and left the washroom.

Aurelia took the clothes and looked at them. It was an old grey shirt, black leggings and some black shoes. She didn't even get fresh underwear. They wanted her to feel disgusted by herself, and it worked perfectly well till now.

She quickly changed before the Death Eater came back to take her outside. On the way out, they walked past some cells and Aurelia, to her chagrin, saw some of her muggle-born classmates like Dennis Creevey or Justin Finch-Fletchley.

Outside, the Death Eater immediately apparated with her, and before she could say anything, she was already in front of the Malfoy Manor.

Aurelia had fear written all over her face, she didn't want to enter that Manor, and she didn't want to serve Malfoy and his family under any circumstances, but she had no choice. She couldn't even remember the last time she had a choice.

The man dragged Aurelia to the front door and knocked. It wasn't long before a woman about Aurelia's age opened the door. She bowed and looked at the floor, "Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy are already waiting for you in the living room."

The Death Eater looked at her disgusted and brought Aurelia into the living room.

The muggle-born looked up and saw if it was really the Draco Malfoy. He didn't change at all, he was still as good-looking as back then in Hogwarts. Next to him stood a beautiful woman with brown hair and pale skin. She was beautiful. How much Aurelia would have wished to be just as beautiful as her.

"Am I correct in assuming that this is our new maid?" Draco asked as he didn't even look at Aurelia.

"Oh babe, don't call her maid, she is just a slave, nothing more." The woman next to Draco corrected him, to which Draco replied with an eye roll.

"Yes, Mr. Malfoy, directly from the dungeon." The Death Eater answered, looking at Draco and then at his wife.

"Good, you might go now." The platin blond man replied annoyed, and before another second passed, the Death Eater apparated.

"Take it to its room. I have some business to take care of." Draco hissed at his wife before leaving the room without another word.

Aurelia felt the last spark of hope leave her body. Had he just called her it? Had he really just called her a kind of thing?

"Come, slave!" The woman whisper-yelled at her and walked with her to the room where she would sleep.

Aurelia opened the door by herself, just to see that her room was nothing more than a broom closet with a bed in it. She was still thankful because everything would have been better than the cell in the dungeon.

When she turned around to thank her new mistress, the woman was already gone. Aurelia sighed, walking in and closing the door behind her.

"I can d-d-do that." She said to herself before she laid down on the small, uncomfortable bed.