𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

Aurelia waited patiently until she was convinced that the Malfoy family was done with their tea and cautiously approached the pavilion only to confirm that it was empty

Aurelia waited patiently until she was convinced that the Malfoy family was done with their tea and cautiously approached the pavilion only to confirm that it was empty. With a sigh, she began to take the dishes back with her.

On her way back, she suddenly saw Narcissa Malfoy sitting in front of her roses.

Aurelia smiled to herself. There was something she liked about the woman. She didn't seem cruel like the others. She appeared—pure.

"Starring is rude," She was pulled out of her thought all of a sudden by a voice. 

"I am s-sorry, Mrs. Malfoy," Aurelia said, looking at the grass.

The older woman smiled softly, "Come, sit with me."

Aurelia's eyes widen. She usually wasn't allowed to sit with purebloods. 

The Malfoy family was known for their cruelty, so why would Narcissa be nice to her? She didn't know, let alone wanted to know, what this was about, but she followed the woman's order.

No one said a word. They both kept silent for at least 20 minutes, and Aurelia started to wonder why she needed to sit down.

"You know I saw it," She said all of a sudden. Aurelia started sweating. What did she know? 

"Padon?" Aurelia asked quietly, but visible in shock.

Narcissa laughed at her shyness, "The way my son looks at you, I see it."

----

Narcissa Malfoy could always read her son. When he was a child, but also now as a grown man. She saw the way Draco looked at his maid when she served the tea, so Narcissa just couldn't keep her mouth shut.

"Tell me, Draco, who is this new maid of yours?" His mother smiled at him, her eyes shining.

Draco didn't answer. He stared down at his cup, not daring to say something. Honestly, he didn't even know what to say. 

Kayla instead knew exactly what to answer, "I tell you it is one of the most annoying slaves we have. It can't do anything right and needs twice as long for everything."

Narcissa was shocked. Of course, they were purebloods, and Aurelia wasn't, but there was no reason to call her it

One of the reasons Narcissa didn't like Kayla was her personality. Also, she could see that Draco wasn't happy, and it made her sadder than her own miserable marriage.  

----

"Mrs. Malfoy, I don't know what you are talking about." She quickly answered. There wasn't anything happening between the two of them, and she surely didn't want Narcissa to think that. They both would be punished for something they never did. 

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone, but I have to ask you one thing." Narcissa smiled and took her hand. 

The maid nodded, looking at her curiously, "Do you fancy him, too?"

That was the last thing Aurelia imagined Narcissa to ask. Did she fancy him? Was there really something between the two of them? Was Narcissa just seeing things, or did Draco like her?

"I don't know. He is handsome, but he is mean. He says bad things to me, and I don't like it, but on the other hand, he is carrying." Aurelia sighed.

"I understand. I think what you have to know is, that he never experienced love in his life. Except for me no one ever showed him what it feels like to be loved. But let me tell you, I think he is really trying with you. I know that it is forbidden, and I am telling you it won't be easy, but it's also not impossible." Narcissa smiled, while in Aurelia's eyes, tears were forming. It was heartwarming how much his mother loved him.

"Thank you, Mrs. Malfoy, I think I understand his behaviour a little bit more now." That's all she said before the two of them sat there in silence again.

After a while Aurelia'a eyes fell on the roses. She tried to be as brave as possible and spoke up, "The roses are very beautiful."

She smiles at the roses in front of her, "I got them from a special person long before I met Lucius. Believe it or not, but he was a muggle-born and we were in love. Yes, I loved a muggle-born," A tear slipped, "But all that doesn't matter. He was killed by death-eaters on the way to visit me."

"I am sorry for your loss," Aurelia whispered, clearly taken back by her story, "Why would you tell me something like this?"

Narcissa stood up and gave her the rose she was holding all the time. With a soft smile, she said, "Make my boy finally happy."

Aurelia watched as the woman left, before she quickly ran to her room, hiding the flower and thinking about the woman's words.

----

In the meantime, Draco was talking to his father about his marriage. It was no secret that arranged marriages mostly didn't work out.

"She is annoying, father, I am close to just kicking her out." He told him in frustration, taking a sip of his fire whisky.

"Marriage isn't about love, Draco. It's about getting children and enlarging your family." His father told him, in a stern tone, "Tell me, is Kayla already pregnant with your child?"

"No, but we are trying," Draco said through gritted teeth.

"Then pray for a boy." Lucius hissed before standing up.

----

Aurelia couldn't sleep at night, she still thought about Narcissa's words. With quiet steps, she walked downstairs and sat in front of the big window, looking out into the garden. The things Narcissa told her a few hours ago were still in her head, and it didn't look like she would stop thinking about them anytime soon.

Aurelia was one of the people who were always scared of the dark, but somehow looking out of that window made her feel at peace. At least for a little while.

However, all of her peace was interrupted by a certain blonde, "You know you aren't allowed down here at night, right?"

Aurelia just shrugged, the last days were too much for her. It wasn't like she didn't know what her position in this world was, but at this point, she just wished for someone to finally kill her.

"I-I wanted to talk to y-you," She mumbled after a few minutes without looking at him.

"Me too. I noticed how Kayla reacts when it comes to you, and as her husband, I must respect her opinion. From now on, you will work down in the basement." Draco said with a stern voice before turning around to leave again.

He knew how scared she was of the dark, and he also knew that she was scared of basements, so why would he do such a thing? 

She was disappointed and frustrated. What happened next non of them would have ever expected...