𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒

He was furious

He was furious. Draco hated the way he felt about her. To him, she shouldn't be more than a slave—a mudblood.

He practically ran around his room, trying to find a way to get her out of his mind. There had to be a way to forget about her.

But the longer he tried to forget her, the harder he fell for her. Her long hair, her bright eyes, her kindness, and so much more made him love her.

Draco didn't even have a problem with her stuttering, actually, he wanted to help her. He noticed how embarrassed she was because of it and he found it cute.

But all that didn't matter because it was simply forbidden.

Hoping that his thoughts about her would cease, he went down the long staircase and went outside. Immediately the events of the previous night came to his mind.

He hated himself for leaving Aurelia in the cold, but she wasn't allowed to know how he felt about her. Draco knew she was smart, and it would only be a matter of time before she found out that he was the one who killed McLaggen.

He took a deep breath before heading to his mother's roses. It wasn't long before he saw the flower he had given Aurelia on the side of the path.

It lay trampled on the ground.

She just threw it away as if it was nothing. Draco thought she appreciated his openness, but apparently, she didn't care about the flower that meant so much to him and his mother.

Now the Malfoy heir was even more furious than before. How dare she was to throw it away like a piece of trash. Was that just because he left her here?

----

It was hard to always be punished for things she didn't even do wrong. Draco Malfoy was simply being nice in her opinion, at least till he left her.

Aurelia wished to talk to him again and ask him why he would leave her and why he would be this nice to her, but she was afraid she wouldn't get a chance to do so.

When she was stowing away the cleaning things as the man walked towards her. Fuck.

He didn't say anything. He just stared at her with an angry look on his face.

She gulped before she spoke up, "Mr. M-Malfoy?"

"What," He said with the same angry expression.

"W-wh—fuck that, why did you leave me alone outside. I don't know my way around out there, and it was cold as hell out there." She raised her voice at him.

It was an understatement to say that Draco was taken aback by her sudden outburst, but he tried to cover it up. "That's no way of talking to your master, is it?" He asked through gritted teeth.

And with that, Aurelia was back in reality. She wasn't brave, and she wasn't allowed to say things like that in a world like hers.

"Oh my g-god, I am sorry. P-please, f-f-forgive me." She panicked immediately.

He couldn't help but roll his eyes at her, "Just make sure it won't happen again," And with that, he left.

Aurelia tried to see good in him, but what did she expect from one of Voldemort's highest death-eaters. It was foolish of her to think he could maybe have a nice side.

Every memory she had since she arrived here came to her mind. She remembered the gala best.

She had finally felt like a normal person again. She was the same as the others and for a brief moment, she was at peace at the time.

----

"This isn't funny, Aurelia," Sinja hissed, pouring tea into another cup, "Master Malfoy's parents  are coming today."

Aurelia let out another giggle, a hand covering her mouth, "Master Malfoy, si-since when do y-y-you call him that?"

The red-head rolled her eyes, "New arrangement from his wife. Everyone must address them with Master and Mistress Malfoy from now on. Everyone was informed about it, in case of violation threatens the Cruciatus curse. Why don't you know about it?"

Aurelia's laugh immediately died down. She knew why. If she broke the rule, Kayla would have a reason to use the curse on her.

Instead of telling Sinja about it, however, she just shrugged her shoulders. She didn't want her only friend to get into trouble because of her.

"Weird," she murmured, placing the cups of tea and teapot on a tablet, "Here you go. Be careful not to stumble. They are sitting in the pavilion in the garden."

The garden. She tried to suppress all her thoughts and made her way to the huge garden.

After, what felt like hours, she finally found her way around and served the tea. "Finally," Lucius Malfoy murmured.

"I'm sorry, s-sir. I don't  know m-my way around the g-arden ye-t." Aurela explained, her gaze fixed on the ground.

The man looked at her in disgust, "Didn't anyone teach you that you only speak when you are asked to speak?"

"Don't bother, Lucius. Since it's been here, it caused nothing but trouble. Right, darling?" Kayla Malfoy smiled sweetly at her husband.

"First, I told you not to call me darling, and second," He paused and looked at Aurelia for a brief moment, "It tried its best, I guess."

Draco's mother, Narcissa, watched the conversation quietly and without a word. But she could feel the pain of the young girl.

Tears welled up in the muggle-born's eyes, "I-I wil try bet-ter in the f-uture."

"Why are you still standing here? Get out of our sight." Kayla hissed angrily.

Aurelia bowed slightly, "Of course, mistress."

Kayla Malfoy's surprised look was hard to miss, but Aurelia turned around as quickly as she could and ran back to the Manor as fast as she could.

It. She wasn't a human anymore. She was treated like an animal.