𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

Do you know the difference between being here and being there? When you are there, you are somewhere near, it feels like you are present, but in reality, you are not

Do you know the difference between being here and being there? When you are there, you are somewhere near, it feels like you are present, but in reality, you are not. But when you are here, you really are, you are in close proximity. Being here means you are present in every way, and when you have found a person who is not only there but also here for you, you should never let this someone go because it is the greatest gift in the world when a person is here for you.

Aurelia could only dream of someone like that. Once she had people who were here for her, but now all of them were dead. To be exact, the girl had only had her family all her life. When Aurelia was at Hogwarts, she had no real friends, even though she always called them friends. They were schoolmates, nothing more, nothing less, but they would have betrayed Aurelia for whatever reason.

Aurelia had spent the last five hours cleaning the second floor of the Malfoy Manor, completely without magic. She was used to helping her mother with the household, but the house wasn't nearly as big as the Malfoy's.

Cleaning the Malfoy Manor was one of the most exhausting things she had ever done. She hadn't only swept and scrubbed the floors but also cleaned all the windows and bathrooms on the second floor.

The petite girl let out a sigh before looking at the time on the large clock on the wall. It was shortly after 3 p.m, which meant it was time to help Mrs. Malfoy with her selection of the dress for tomorrow night. Aurelia was looking forward to it, she hadn't seen any beautiful dress since her mother hosted a party at Aurelia's 14th birthday.

As quickly as she could, she put everything away and made her way to Kayla Malfoy's dressing room. The way was explained to her by Sinja a few hours ago.

She knocked on the black wooden door and waited for an answer before entering the room with a wide smile. But the smile disappeared when she didn't find many beautiful dresses as expected, but a grumpy Kayla Malfoy.

"What are you looking at, stupid slave. Make yourself useful and bring the dresses, they are downstairs. Of course, I could bring them here with my wand, but I don't feel like moving right now." She grinned, knowing that it would take Aurelia at least an hour to bring all the dresses to this room.

"Of c-c-course, Mrs. Malfoy, I'll go g-g-et it," Aurelia replied and left the room. She was disappointed that she had to carry all the heavy dresses upstairs, but at the same time, she knew that she couldn't disagree.

One dress after the other, the muggle-born carried into the dressing room. When she finally arrived with the last dress, Aurelia dropped exhausted onto one of the free chairs.

It didn't take long for Mrs. Malfoy to get mad at her, though, "Did I give you permission to sit down? Stand up and watch me try on the dresses, after I have chosen one, you will take the others back to the ground floor."

Aurelia immediately stood up and nodded, "Of course, M-m-mrs. Malfoy."

Aurelia didn't want to show her disappointment, yet, Kayla gave her a snooty grin before trying on the first dress.

It was a long black dress without straps and with a leg slit. The dress looked great there was no doubt in it, but it didn't fit Kayla. It was too short at the bottom and too tight at her waist.

So it didn't take long for her to get angry, "Fucking dress," she muttered and threw it into the corner of the room before trying the next one.

The next hours it was all the same, Kayla tried on a dress, it didn't fit, she cursed and threw it away in the corner, whereby now there were about fifty dresses.

"M-m-maybe you ordered t-the dresses in the w-w-wrong size," Aurelia suggested after a while, not daring to look at the Malfoy woman.

"How dare of you say that the dresses would be too small for me. Out! Get out!" Kayla Malfoy shouted, at which shy Aurelia immediately left the room. Without even turning around, she hurried through Malfoy Manor, desperately trying to find Sinja.

After she finally found the kitchen, she heard Sinja's voice. It seemed as if she was singing. Aurelie knew the song, it was a muggle song that her mother had sung to her in the past. At the thought of her mother, Aurelia immediately felt dizzy and a lump forming in her throat.

The young girl's thoughts were interrupted by Sinja's voice, "Aurelia? What are you doing here? I told you to help Kayla- Mrs. Malfoy with her dress selection."

Aurelia couldn't speak. What was she supposed to say? That the Malfoy woman had thrown her out of the room after she had made a small suggestion? No, that would have looked ridiculous, and Aurelia didn't want to ruin her chances of a friendship with Sinja.                   

"Aurelia? Is everything okay?" Aurelia heard Sinja say before she got surrounded by darkness.

-

Aurelia opened her eyes carefully and immediately looked into Draco Malfoy's grey ones. She couldn't find any emotion in his face, neither sympathy nor hatred.

"W-what happened?" Aurelia asked exhausted as she looked Draco in the eyes.

"According to Sinja you fainted, you have the rest of the day off, tomorrow you will get up on time and help Sinja to prepare everything for the gala, do you understand?" the platinum blonde answered her sullenly.

She was unable to do more than nod. She wasn't even awake for a minute and was already treated like an object without feelings.

Draco Malfoy then turned around and immediately left Aurelia by herself. Carefully, the young woman sat up and looked around. The room was empty, just a sofa, on which she was lying, was in the room.

Why does someone have a room with only a sofa? Well, probably people who have too much money and a large house.

There were so many things Aurelia didn't understand, and one of them was the Malfoy Manor not to mention the whole Malfoy family. She could still remember the Battle at Hogwarts, she also remembered who she had to thank for getting locked up. Lucius Malfoy. Draco's father. Funny that she was his son's slave now.

The girl sighed and carefully stood up. Surprisingly, she was neither dizzy nor still feeling unwell. For a moment, Aurelia wondered if Draco had given her a potion, but she quickly pushed the thought aside. She knew Draco Malfoy, he would never have used one of his precious potions on a slave like her.