𝑇𝑒𝑛

"Come on, you know that I will find you anyway

"Come on, you know that I will find you anyway." A deep voice chuckled, a shiver running down Aurelia's spine. 

She ran as if her life depended on it. Actually, it depended on it since she would be destroyed in more than one way if he caught her. Her bare feet touched the cold marble tiles, her hair was messy from all the running. 

"Where is the fun in that game when you move as slow as a snail, Lia?" The boy shouted, making Aurelia run even faster than before. However, all of that was forgotten as two strong arms wrapped around her waist from behind, "Got you."

She sat up in her tiny bed with a shrill scream and tears all over her face. She could just pray that no one heard her. After she had read that Cormac had been found dead she had these types of nightmares, waking up at least once every night. The only thing Aurelia could think about was Cormac McLaggen. She wanted to know why he was dead and who murdered him, but she also knew that reading was forbidden. At least for someone like her.

She tried to calm herself down, before getting out of bed and then out of her room. She knew she shouldn't go downstairs but she needed a glass of water. Poor Aurelia was scared of a lot of things and one of them was darkness. 

Carefully she tried to make her way to the kitchen which worked better and faster than she thought. When she got to the kitchens he didn't even turn on the light, just walking to the sink and drinking right from the tap.

After she turned off the tap she turned around, where she was met by a hard chest, "Don't you know it's forbidden to come down here at night?"

"Mr. M-Malfoy, I am s-s-sorry. I just want-ed a glass of w-w-water." She tried to explain, hoping he wouldn't punish her for her misbehaviour. 

He looked at her with narrowed eyes before he finally spoke up again, "And why is that?"

Why would he ask something like that? Wasn't it clear why she wanted a glass of water?

"I w-w-as thirsty," Aurelia told him, taking a sip from her water, feeling how the cold liquid ran down her dry throat. 

He let out a low chuckle, shaking his head, "I don't think that's all. What happened?" 

"Nightmare." She mumbled, looking down.

Draco knew how scary nightmares could be. When he was younger he often woke up in the middle of the night, sweating and screaming. His childhood was anything but delightful, his father beat him till he was knocked out while his mother stood next to him begging her husband to stop. 

"Come I would like to show you something." He said, stepping out of the kitchen. He waited for her to follow him before he started to walk faster. When he stopped walking they stood in front of a big glass door which lead to the garden of the Malfoy Manor. Aurelia wasn't allowed to go out there, she didn't know why but it was forbidden.

"Sir, I can't g-o out t-there," Aurelia mumbled while she looked at the bright moon.

"And why is that?" He asked with a small smirk playing on his lips.

"I am n-not allowed to go ou-t there, it's one o-f the rul-es," The girl told him, finally looking at her master.

He shook his head in disbelief, still smirking, "What about you break that rule tonight?"

"I mean, is-s it really a rule break if y-you are with m-e?" She asked confused. 

"You are smart. I like that." He simply said before opening the door, laying a jacket over her shoulders, and waiting for her to step outside. Was this a trick? What was this man up to?

She carefully stepped outside with her bare feet, glad that it wasn't as cold as she expected it to be. She felt how the soft grass touched her feet, how her hair blew in the wind. After months she was finally outside again.

"How long has it been?" Mr. Malfoy asked, bringing her out of her trance, "Since you have been outside I mean."

She sighed, "The last ti-me was befo-re the war. Mudbloods aren't allowed to go outside."

Even if Draco didn't show it, he was taken aback by the way she called herself mudbood. He was aware that she was a mudblood and also back in Hogwarts called muggle-born's names like that. 

" As I said I want to show you something," He said, walking past her and she followed him quietly. 

They walked for about 5 minutes before he stopped in front of a beautiful red rose vine, "They a-re beautiful."

"They are charmed, that's why they bloom in winter as well. Even more beautiful in daylight but that doesn't matter right now. They are my mother's favourite, every time she visits she sits here for hours just watching these roses.

"Why are y-you telling me that?" She whispered, taking a step closer to the roses.

He shrugged, "It felt right. I showed them to Kayla once. She coincidently stabbed herself with the thorns and threw the rose on the ground."

Aurelia could hear the hint of sadness in his voice, "I-am sorry about tha-t. The roses are beautiful and mus-t mean a lot t-to your moth-er."

He was impressed by her words. He didn't understand why she was so nice and innocent after how he treated her every day, also back when they were teenagers.

"Thank you, Aurelia." Almost inaudible. 

Did he just call her by her name? Her real name?

"Y-you know my n-name?" She asked in disbelief.

He looked her in the eyes, just nodding. She quickly looked away, not able to hold eye contact with someone so powerful.

Draco cut off a rose and handed it to little Aurelia, "I am not as heartless as you may think."

After that, he turned around and started walking away, "Did you kill Cormac?" 

The words left her mouth before she could even think about them. Draco slowly turned around, the soft face now replaced by an angry frown.

"Pardon?" That was all he said.

She took a step closer to him, "Did you kill Cormac?"

"Why would I do that? Do you think just because you mentioned him to me a few days ago I would go to his little shitty apartment and kill him? Do you really think I care about someone like you that much? You are nothing but a slave, a poor excuse of a woman and someone like me could never even lift a finger for someone like you." And with that, he finally left.

Aurelia was taken aback by his words, a tear ran down her cheek. Of course, he didn't like her or had a soft spot for her. She looked down at the flower in her hand, a tear dropping on one of the petals. 

She tried her best to find her way back to the glass door she stepped outside half an hour ago, but she couldn't find it. The poor girl had no other option than laying down on the cold grass, the beautiful flower next to her head before she fell into a deep slumber.

Not knowing that at the end she talked to Draco without stuttering. Something she wasn't able to do without help since she was a toddler.