Twenty Seven

"Hey Wolf," Deanna greets as my man enters the kitchen

"Hey Wolf," Deanna greets as my man enters the kitchen. "Quick question, do you trust me?"

"No," Wolf answers instantly, with zero hesitation. Deanna grins at him.

"Smart man."

Wolf shakes his head, coming to stand behind me as I sit on one of the stools. His colorful arms wrap around me tugging me back against his chest. I instantly felt the worry that had been hounding me slip away.

Flick and Wolf had been going out on patrols, the latest having just ended. I wasn't sure if he had gone to see Gunner yet or not, but I was glad that he stopped by so I could concentrate on what Mack was trying to tell me.

She had been telling me the rules, some of them were so stupid I wanted to ignore what she said but the serious look on her face had me listening in properly. The last thing I wanted to do was cause Wolf trouble, especially when there was no escaping this place until everything was safe.

"Have you been to Gunner yet?" Mack asks for me.

"Nope," Wolf answers making her smile.

"You know he's gonna be pissed." She comments. I feel Wolf shrug.

"Too bad," Wolf replies. "He shouldn't have pulled that shit with Dove, then maybe I'd be in there tellin' him how our patrol went."

"You know why he did that," Mack said defending her husband. I almost scoffed, but Wolf beat me to it.

"Do you know why he did it?" Wolf asked, Mack stared at him, unable to answer. "That's what I thought."

"He meant well." She tried again to defend Gunner.

"He meant to piss everyone off and he succeeded," Wolf stated. "No way to make that look good Mack."

Mack sighed heavily. "I understand. Just... try to take it easy on him, I kinda need him."

"He wouldn't expect me to go easy on him, and you know how much I just hate to disappoint him." He replied sarcastically.

"Yo!" Flick bellowed bouncing into the room, "What the fuck man, I thought we were goin' to Gunner... Hey baby."

Wolf shrugged again, "Sorry sugar but I got sidetracked."

Flick looked at him confused for a second before he rolled his eyes. 

I bit my lip to stifle the giggle that threatened to come out. The longer I was around the two of them, the more I saw of their relationship, the more I understood what they meant to each other, even if they didn't understand it themselves.

Wolf and Flick were so different from each other, yet they were best friends, brothers even. They wouldn't admit it because they were big bad bikers, but they cared about each other more than they cared about anyone else in the club.