Eighteen

I hadn't seen Wolf in three days

I hadn't seen Wolf in three days... seventy two hours... four thousand three hundred and twenty seconds... but who was counting... definitely not me.

I knew that he had things he had to do with or for the club, and the more time I spent thinking about it and what he could be possibly doing, the more I started to worry. I wasn't stupid enough to think he was delivering cookies like a grown up Boy Scout, which made my conversation with Deanna bounce around my head day and night.

I had thought about it all, wondering if he was a killer or not, and if he was just how many people had he killed for the club or for himself...

I knew about his father, he hadn't hidden that from me. But I couldn't shake the feeling that he was leaving so many things unsaid, I had seen enough TV shows to know that I wouldn't be able to have all the details.

If I was being honest, I don't think I want all the details.

The Devil's Henchmen weren't just a group of motorcycle enthusiasts. They were outlaws, and you don't become an outlaw by following the rules.

It was easier to accept that Wolf killed people for his club than I had thought it would be. I had thought that I would have been outraged and disgusted, but I just couldn't match up the persona of a killer to the man that I knew. Sure he was rough around the edges, but I just couldn't see him as a killer. Maybe I was just deluding myself because I didn't want to see him as a killer.

He was Wolf, my Wolf...

"Ugh! I can't believe they have Ratchet in here tonight." I jumped at the sound of Dea's groan. She raised a brow at me. I shrugged.

"Who are you talking about?" she draped her arms over the nurse's station desk.

"Nurse Ratchet." She nodded her head towards our superior. I snorted.

"Dea."

"What? She is a bitch." She said with an innocent face. I rolled my eyes.

"She's doing her job."

"Which is something you should be doing, so what had you so distracted." Dea asked propping her head on her hand.

"Wolf." I sighed. Deanna smiled brightly.

"Did he call?" I shook my head no. "Then what?"

I glanced around making sure that there wasn't anyone listening into our conversation. I shifted closer to her, thankfully I didn't need to explain anything to Dea who straightened herself out and lent forward.

"I know he's a killer." I whispered. She nodded softly. "And it doesn't freak me out... why?"

Dea put her hand on my shoulder. "Love."

I nearly choked on my spit. "Love?"

Dea nodded. "Yep! Welcome to the club, we have jackets."