Seven

Did you ever have one of those moments where you were on the edges of sleep, still clinging to it by your fingertips, but there was something else pulling you in the opposite direction, something that promised to be much better than sleep?

That's where I was right now, trying desperately to cling to sleep. But the sound of whispering voices had me getting closer to waking. I couldn't remember much of last night, and I was in no state to try and figure much out other than how not to drown in my own vomit.

Which felt like it was creeping up my throat the closer I got to being awake...

So far, I picked up that it was a man and a woman, my brain was screaming at me, but it was almost like all my memories were under water, muffled and hazy.

How fucking drunk did I get if I'm forgetting who is in the fucking room with me...

"You okay?"

Male, deep, concerned. For some reason that voice pissed me off, I knew I had to know them... but why did they piss me off so much I wanted to punch them?

"Of cause I am, why wouldn't I be?"

Female, soft, rough around the edges, satisfying. She had me wanting to wake up; she was the lure that had my mind screaming under the water.

"He was pretty wasted."

The more he spoke, the angrier I got.

"Yes, yes he was and you know for a fact that he would never hurt me."

Her words had the edges of my mouth twitching, she had fire in her.

"You didn't know that."

Fucking Flick...

That explains why his voice was pissing me off, but who did he leave in here with me that would have him concerned about their wellbeing? He didn't give a shit about the club girls; I doubt he would be worried if one of them was left alone with me over night, no matter how drunk I was.

A sigh... or more like a huff.

"Yes, I did know that Colin. You need to stop thinking the worst of him, I get that you're worried about me, and I'm pretty sure I've thanked you for that, but you and I both saw how he was last night. Even in his state he was still trying to protect me."

Oh, he was really pissing her off now. Images of dark brown hair, with storm cloud grey eyes, filtered through my mind.

I knew her...

"He was also chewing on your fingers."

What the fuck? Chewing... on her fingers?

"Really... that's what you're going with?" she definitely huffed that time. "Look, Wolf wouldn't hurt me, so far all he has done is take care of me. Maybe you should be worried about him, because apparently I'm the only person here that's hurting someone else."