Four

Walking down the path from the hospital, I hoisted my bag back up onto my shoulder when it slipped again

I sighed, cursing the stupid bag to hell. All I wanted to do was go home, and sleep for a week. Work had been hell tonight, it seemed as if something was in the water and all the idiot's were drinking it by the gallon.

I only had myself to blame for my grouchy attitude, I'd been keeping myself busy ever since that night. Not wanting to let myself have a moment to think about that biker, or the way he looked at me... Or the way I had reacted to him. I'd drowned myself in work.

It was also a handy tool in avoiding Deanna, who was still looking for answers to the millions of questions that were no doubt bouncing through her head. 

I swear sometimes she reminds me of Pinky Pie from My Little Pony...

I guess it wouldn't have mattered if I did have the time to sit and listen to her, I didn't have the answers that she would have wanted. 

I'd already reassured her that he did nothing to hurt me in any way, but still it wasn't like I could tell her exactly why I felt the need to run from him.

Oh it's nothing really, just some left over jitters about trusting men, oh and the little fact that I wanted him to be naked around me... all the time...

Yeah, that would go down well...

There was no denying the man was stunning. I knew it, Deanna knew it... every other woman on the planet knew it. But there was something underneath all of that tough exterior that called to me, lured me in, teasing me with little hints but never giving me the full story.

I had no idea what it meant, and I was too scared to think about it in case I made it out to be more than what it actually was.

I was so obsessed with him, that I'd even started to dream about him. Almost every night, like he was haunting me, he kept popping up in my dreams. Saving me from monsters, turning up in Emergency bloodied and telling me he loved me before he disappeared... ravishing me in his room while I screamed for more...

The man was etched into my mind, it didn't seem to matter how much I tried to distract myself, it never worked the way I wanted it to. Which lead me to ask, why the hell was I working so damned hard if I didn't have to?

I sighed, rubbing my eye before I remembered the make-up I had on, and stopped.

I'd almost forgotten about the souvenir that I had gotten from that fateful night. I was still styling a lovely black eye that wasn't small in the slightest. The large black bruise covered my entire eye, coming down from my eyebrow where the cut was.